Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Trying to locate a Ruger SR1911

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a gun shop within a reasonable distance of the Lehigh Valley that would happen to have one of the Ruger SR1911's in stock? I have called all the listed dealers from Ruger's web site within 25mi and noone has them. If anyone has seen one at a gun shop lately please let me know.
    Thanks

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Trying to locate a Ruger SR1911

insite arms? tanners?

these are the only two I'd purchase a gun from, don't know if they have it in, but they sure as heck could get it

(Philadelphia County)

I had one on hold at Tanner's but decided to let it go to the next person on the waiting list since I wanted the minty looking Colt Trooper Mk III they had on consignment instead. They apparently sold out on the Rugers very quickly and told me it could be quite awhile before they get more in. I did get a chance to handle it and it was amazingly high quality for the price ($629?).

This past thursday evening, Classic Pistol had one for $619
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    Thank you! Called this morning and they still had it. Stopped in and brought it back home with me. Cant wait to get to the range!

Thanks again!

(Bucks County)

SHHHHHHH!!
    Damn, I was hoping to go back and handle it again and again...

They only thing it didn't have checkering on the front of the grip.
    I am still undecided between TRP, GOLDCUP, etc..

Nice purchase though.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    SHHHHHHH!!
    Damn, I was hoping to go back and handle it again and again...

They only thing it didn't have checkering on the front of the grip.
    I am still undecided between TRP, GOLDCUP, etc..

Nice purchase though.
    Don't feel bad, I think Ruger us going to be upping their production and there will be quite a few on the market in a matter of months or so.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    Don't feel bad, I think Ruger us going to be upping their production and there will be quite a few on the market in a matter of months or so.
    I spoke to Ruger today. Demand for the SR1911 is incredible, and they're working 24/7 to get them to the dealers. This gun is an absolute steal for the money, with retail anywhere from 620-690 bucks depending on who you're buying it from. Got mine for 688.00 from Ace Sporting Goods, and its already going back to Ruger for a warranty issue (I'm very fussy and demanding). They're paying the freight back and forth. I've got 350 rounds throught it, and as a 1911 aficionado, I really like the pistol. Shoots straight to point of aim, and I had one malfunction in 350 rounds, for which I blame the cartridge, not the gun. The warranty issue is machining chatter marks across the face of the feed ramp. I did a polish job on the ramp with emery paper and discovered the marks. I'm confident they'll make it right.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: Trying to locate a Ruger SR1911

Quote Originally Posted by WOP2 View Post
    I spoke to Ruger today. Demand for the SR1911 is incredible, and they're working 24/7 to get them to the dealers. This gun is an absolute steal for the money, with retail anywhere from 620-690 bucks depending on who you're buying it from. Got mine for 688.00 from Ace Sporting Goods, and its already going back to Ruger for a warranty issue (I'm very fussy and demanding). They're paying the freight back and forth. I've got 350 rounds throught it, and as a 1911 aficionado, I really like the pistol. Shoots straight to point of aim, and I had one malfunction in 350 rounds, for which I blame the cartridge, not the gun. The warranty issue is machining chatter marks across the face of the feed ramp. I did a polish job on the ramp with emery paper and discovered the marks. I'm confident they'll make it right.
    Forgot to mention, as an owner of several 1911's, I should have rejected the pistol before firing a shot. Caveat emptor. Fortunately, Ruger has a marvelous customer service group. Had this been another manufacturer, who knows? So, the moral of the story is that once you've paid for the gun, take it apart and make damn sure its all there.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

They can be found but most are on back orders. Most SR 1911s around here are sold and have customers waiting. Before I got mines I was on a waiting list for a bout a month. I came in just checking where I stood and one came in and they couldn't contact the next in line so they sold it to me.

My review is that its a very well made 1911, every things in the right spot and its fitted pretty well. Shots to POA its pretty accurate handles wells not excellent but very good the most outstanding thing about it IMO are the sights every other aspect is just very good and well done for the money. Well worth the wait if only they made more doesn't sound like good business sense.