Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Wondering about Chambersburg and area.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsporadic View Post
    any proof for this proposed talk of a concealed carry ordinance in the boro? i find it very hard to believe it would even be considered.
    No, that's why it's just talk. Nothing concrete, just what one person said to another within the local gov't. Will it come to fruition, I don't know, but the way other things have happened in Chambersburg, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried. Now would the people stand for it? That I doubt, but the liberal leadership of the town has pulled other crap a lot of people haven't liked.

Not to hijack this thread but...my wife went in to the sheriffs office to renew her CCW permit, when we started looking at the form we saw that it asked questions we didn't remember being on it 5 years ago. My question is: is the form from the Sheriffs office a State form or is it a County form?

Thanks!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tplace View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but...my wife went in to the sheriffs office to renew her CCW permit, when we started looking at the form we saw that it asked questions we didn't remember being on it 5 years ago. My question is: is the form from the Sheriffs office a State form or is it a County form?

Thanks!
    The form is supposed to be uniform throughout the state, promulgated by the PSP. Some counties may not be using the latest revision, and some do add some additional text (without authority).

However, I have a copy of the application printed from the Franklin county sheriff's website within the last week, and AFAICT, it's current and without anything added or removed. What specifically caught your eye?
    Last edited by gnbrotz; December 30th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I didn't remember seeing (when I did mine a couple of years ago) the questions for listing two references and the part about stating a reason if you select personal defense.

Maybe I just need a better memory.

On a different note: Did I read that you are a mbr of the Chambersburg Pistol & Rifle Club? We are going to ride by it today and will probably make an application, we really have not found a nice place to shoot since we moved from Middletown, MD 6 years ago, we used to belong to the Monocacy Pistol Club (great place to shoot). My wife and I both enjoy shooting steel matches. Do they have anything like that? Thanks!
    Terry

(Adams County)

I didn't realize that you had to re-apply to renew your LTCF. But, the application oes ask for two references and a reason to carry. And, they will call at least one of your references.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tplace View Post
    I didn't remember seeing (when I did mine a couple of years ago) the questions for listing two references and the part about stating a reason if you select personal defense.

Maybe I just need a better memory.

On a different note: Did I read that you are a mbr of the Chambersburg Pistol & Rifle Club? We are going to ride by it today and will probably make an application, we really have not found a nice place to shoot since we moved from Middletown, MD 6 years ago, we used to belong to the Monocacy Pistol Club (great place to shoot). My wife and I both enjoy shooting steel matches. Do they have anything like that? Thanks!
    Terry
    The references have always been required. The "instruction" to give a reason for self-defense has been around for a bit too, but the current Sheriff has been informed that he can't require that, and I'll take him to task publicly, in both the media and the courts if he does. I tell everyone I can to ignore that instruction, and so far, no one has had any problems because they took my suggestion to ignore it.

CP&RC does have 'fun steel' matches several times a year. They are big into Action Pistol, and have also had IDPA for a couple of years now.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    And, they will call at least one of your references.
    Just wanted to note that my girlfriend submitted her application on Tuesday, and received notice of approval in Friday's mail. Neither of her references were contacted. This is also the fastest turn-around I'm aware of for Franklin county (they did tell her it would be approximately two weeks).

Same for my wife, turnaround was about five days. She ignored the "reason" question.

(Adams County)

When I applied for mine, I used my former boss. He asked me if he should be concerned that the sherriff called asking about me. Of course, I'm in Adams Co. I got my approval letter in two weeks which I was told at the time was pretty quick. Sounds like Franklin has gotten fast with their approvals. Glad to hear that.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

CP&RC does have 'fun steel' matches several times a year. They are big into Action Pistol, and have also had IDPA for a couple of years now.
    I'm planning on applying to join the CP&RC. Still waiting for my NRA card in the snail mail. Do they have steel at the club for target practice all the time?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast