Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock Gen 4 Issues

Whats up all

My neighbor just got finished telling me that he was having an issues with his Glock Gen 4 19 and he went through glock to get a new recoil spring. He said that glock told him with their inventory it will be a 2-3 week wait for them to get new spring in.

I have loved glocks for years but i think that is total B.S. don't put the wrong spring or a faulty spring in the pistol in the first place and you won' have this issue
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock Gen 4 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mdesimo514 View Post
    Whats up all

My neighbor just got finished telling me that he was having an issues with his Glock Gen 4 19 and he went through glock to get a new recoil spring. He said that glock told him with their inventory it will be a 2-3 week wait for them to get new spring in.

I have loved glocks for years but i think that is total B.S. don't put the wrong spring or a faulty spring in the pistol in the first place and you won' have this issue
    There’s been a lot of reports on issues with the dual spring on the gen 4 in 9mm. The spring is too strong for some range ammo when new. The replacement is a slightly weaker spring.

(Bucks County)

P.S. Here's some pretty good info on the issue.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279214

(Philadelphia County)

Probably the most shoddy production of Glock to date. One of the RSO's at my range just got a G19 Gen 4 as well and the gun jams a few times each mag of American Eagle. I have 3 Gen 3 Glocks, and at this time, the only people I would recommend a Gen 4 to would be Al Qaeda members .

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    Probably the most shoddy production of Glock to date. One of the RSO's at my range just got a G19 Gen 4 as well and the gun jams a few times each mag of American Eagle. I have 3 Gen 3 Glocks, and at this time, the only people I would recommend a Gen 4 to would be Al Qaeda members .

Al
    It would be rather amusing to watch a large % of them limping around in the desert, having shot themselves with their own glocks.

(Bucks County)

Ive had zero issues with my G19 Gen4. Flawless so far.

(Montgomery County)

Some folks, especially those shooting lighter loads, had problems with Gen 4 9 mm models with the original heavier RSA. Glock has produced lighter RSAs to try to resolve the issue for those customers, and so far they seem to be working. You might still find Glocks in the supply chain that have the previous versions of the RSA. Bear in mind that many folks are using the original heavier RSAs with no problems at all.

The rest of the Gen 4s have had no systemic issues that I am aware of. My G22 has been flawless.

As far as wait times for the parts, that sounds about average for anything direct from Glock. Some folks get them quicker, but it all depends on the production line. They can't send what they don't have.

(Montgomery County)

I have had zero Issues with my Gen4 G19 shooting any ammo Tulammo, WWB , Rem. , Blazer and all my different defense ammo
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

My G22 and G27, both Gen4 guns, have been flawless. They eat any ammo I can feed them.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Glock Gen 4 Issues

we've had more complaints with the gen 4 glocks than all the previous gens combined. nothing major mind you unless this is a carry piece then any failure is not cool. i think glock was in to big of a hurry to get them on the market (competition you know) a little more testing might have taken care of these issues. first run production on any product is risky in any case just look at all the auto recalls. although a inconvience i'm sure they'll make it right it'll take some patience, as for me i'll stick with the first three gens and the rtf2. good luck, happy shooting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast