Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Are firearms prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA?

Does anyone know if firearms will be prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA? I will be attending a concert in the summer there with my wife and I was planning on CC hoping it will be allowed there. I tried searching online for a prohibited items list but could not find such a list for SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem.

Update as of Saturday, August 6th:

Weapons are NOT allowed at Musikfest. I found it posted on the Musikfest website under the Official 'fest rules link on the right side of the page:

http://www.musikfest.org/rules/

Offical 'fest Rules

The 'fest is all about fun and there are a handful of rules in place to ensure good times for all.

The following are NOT permitted at the event:

Bringing outside food or beverages to the festival grounds
    Coolers and pitchers
    Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
    Pets, except personal assistance dogs
    Bikes, skateboards, roller blades
    Laser pointers
    Unauthorized soliciting
    Weapons of any kind
    Reserved chairs or tables, except at ticketed venues and those reserved by ArtsQuest
    Smoking in any tented areas, indoor venues or Steel Stage seating sections
    Climbing on any scaffold towers or stages
    Swimming or wading in the creek, canal or river
    Defacing property within the Musikfest site (this will result in prosecution)
    Unauthorized audio/video recording

Please note: Shoes and shirts must be worn on the festival grounds.
    Last edited by aferr1973; August 6th, 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Updated info

Question Re: Are firearms prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA?

I have the same question, going to see The Machine tonight at the Musikfest cafe venue and would like to CC.

Anyone? I am more concerned if I will be subject to patdown or wand rather than violating a policy.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Are firearms prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA?

ARTSQUEST
    25 W 3RD ST STE 301
    BETHLEHEM PA 18015

Artsquest, a community, non-profit organization is the owner on the deed to Steels Stacks.

Thanks, I know artsquest owns it, I can't find anything on their website about prohibited items (cameras, etc).

I am more interested to know whether I will be subject to a patdown or wand when I enter. It would suck to not be able to attend after I pay admission.

Hopefully someone can chime in before 4:30 when I head up there. I hate being unarmed if not necessary.

btw I carry a Ruger LCR in an IWB holster, conceals very well unless I get wanded or a patdown.

Thumbs up Re: Are firearms prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA?

Just got back, disappointing but spent time with my baby. Smoke machines set off fire alarms and shut power down to the stage. Only got 30 minutes of music

Oh no problem CC to Musikfest Cafe. Likely no problems in other surrounding venues from the looks of it. Fantastic venue, be prepared for added surcharges

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    Smoke machines set off fire alarms and shut power down to the stage. Only got 30 minutes of music
    Guess they never got around to doing a technical rehearsal. :-)

Thanks for the report. I plan to go regularly and am currently awaiting my LTCF.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    I have the same question, going to see The Machine tonight at the Musikfest cafe venue and would like to CC.

Anyone? I am more concerned if I will be subject to patdown or wand rather than violating a policy.
    Not to sidetrack the thread, but..

I saw them at the "Crow Bar" in State College 13 years ago. ...great show!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

Looks like the question answered itself, but to be clear I think you'll have more of an issue with first amendment rights than second at SteelStacks.

Frankly, I say avoid that place like the plague.

(Lehigh County)

I've CC'd to the Frank Banko Alehouse movie theatres a couple of times, I can't find any signs saying "No Firearms", no metal detectors at the doors, and truthfully, they are pretty understaffed inside.
    No problems.

I'd be hard pressed to go back frankly. $7 per ticket surcharge at the box office? Which they also applied to my BOGO free ticket offer I had.

Unless it was the first show they ever had, the idea of the smoke machines triggering the alarm system which in turn cut off the power to the stage is ridiculous. They should have a manual override for that part of the complex. I emailed my thoughts to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast