Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Are firearms prohibited at SteelStacks PNC Plaza in Bethlehem, PA?

I'm going tonight to see Maroon 5 at the SteelStacks with my wife. I'm still on the fence whether to CC or not. I'm guessing that there is going to be some type of security there checking for weapons considering that Maroon 5 is a huge band along with their lead singer who was on the hit show The Voice.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Considering the Spiggah mobs preying on tourists, you'd be foolish to go unarmed.

Be vigilant - shoot to kill every threat.

(Northampton County)

I just found on the Musikfest website that weapons of any kind are not allowed:

http://www.musikfest.org/rules/

The 'fest is all about fun and there are a handful of rules in place to ensure good times for all.

The following are NOT permitted at the event:

Bringing outside food or beverages to the festival grounds
    Coolers and pitchers
    Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
    Pets, except personal assistance dogs
    Bikes, skateboards, roller blades
    Laser pointers
    Unauthorized soliciting
    Weapons of any kind
    Reserved chairs or tables, except at ticketed venues and those reserved by ArtsQuest
    Smoking in any tented areas, indoor venues or Steel Stage seating sections
    Climbing on any scaffold towers or stages
    Swimming or wading in the creek, canal or river
    Defacing property within the Musikfest site (this will result in prosecution)
    Unauthorized audio/video recording

Please note: Shoes and shirts must be worn on the festival grounds.
    Last edited by aferr1973; August 6th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

(Delaware County)

I just wanted to help out others and provide some specific and up to date info. The one disclaimer is that this could change depending on the band and crowd. This was for a Weezer show which does not typically attract trouble. There were some drunk people, but they were happy drunks, not angry drunks.

There was a bag search to get into the main concert venue. That was it. No wands, no pat down. That being said, I saw no signs of any trouble on the South Side venue and there was a decent security presence. The Musikfest website wants you to park downtown and take shuttle buses. In that case, I might have felt better CC. However; there is a lot of parking in private lots along 3rd street which is a short walk to the venue. There seemed to be plenty of police presence along that walk. Perhaps that kept the bad element away, perhaps there isn't a bad element on the South side. I really don't know the city well. This is probably naive but I did not feel the need to carry. For frame of reference: I do feel the need to carry whenever I am going to a South Philly stadium but unfortunately, they do wand you or pat down. However; if you parked in one of these private lots on 3rd st, approached the venue and saw wands, you could easily walk back to your car. Not the case if you park downtown and take the shuttles. Also, parking in a private lot is $10. The shuttles are $4 per person, per ride. You do the math for a group of people. If you do CC, the seats are close together with no arm rests and there is a decent chance you may touch hips with the person seated next to you.

I am only providing reporting of the facts on the ground. Technically, they do not want weapons because the whole thing is run by an urban liberal artsy group that buys into the misconception that a no weapons policy makes for a safer environment. That will be true when criminals follow rules; so, never. You can choose to ignore their stupidity, not go to make a consumer statement, or just accept the stupidity. I am not suggesting or endorsing any particular course of action.

(Berks County)

^what he said.

I had my glock 30sf IWB under a t-shirt. Printing on occasion, walked past dozens of PD without issue. Either they didn't notice or didn't care.

Zero issues. I actually stopped to talk to one BPD sergeant about Parking at sands. Couldn't have been nicer.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Lehigh County)

Let's dust this one off, for the good of the order!

I was at Musikfest yesterday / last night with my 13 y.o. son to see Santana (and yes, he and his band still freaking rock!), and there were no metal detector's, wands or pat downs to enter the concert area. Only bag checks. BPD and Musikfest security were present to keep eye on things, but if you casually go about your business, as law abiding citizens do, you'll have no problem with bringing the things along that you'd like to have with you.

Not having this information ahead of time, and not wanting to walk the long distance back to my car to bring something back, I carried along a low $ value folder.

Enjoy!

Rob

I would leave them at home I would feel much safer, I never take ammo to the range when I shoot,I never put gas in the car because it will never run out,I dont buy toilet paper because of all the crap mail i get suffices,And when I had my heart attack I took an aspirin and felt immediatley better ! JMO/MDT

(York County)

Going to SS ON Sunday for a show - any updates or changes on screening and security?
    Last edited by 2DogsBarking; January 18th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12