Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Do away with rep in its entirety

This is the only forum im aware of that still implements this stuff... not only does it not have any bearing on how good someone is due to the large amount of rep EVERYONE has... but it only serves as a vessel for the 'good ol boys' of pafoa to neg rep everyone they disagree with trying to incite anger as its obvious they are incapable of intelligent discourse.

I see zero net positive benefit of having the rep system on a forum such as this, and these are things you must ask yourself when running a forum, do it for the benefit of the forum itself.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Do away with rep in its entirety

I've given you negative rep despite agreeing with you at times, for the fact that your posts are routinely rude and offensive, and even despite you being on my ignore list I still see plenty of other rude posts of yours quoted by others.

If you posted in a less offensive manner, you wouldn't be getting negative reputation from me.

The fact that you think it's just because others disagree with you PROVES you don't understand the purpose of negative rep.

Also, haven't you given it out yourself? If so it's rather hypocritical of you to come complaining here when you find it directed at you when you seem to have no problem directing it at others.

(Monroe County)

Recently there was a thread where the OP asked about some firearms that he had possession of and was attempting to figure out if he legally owned them. One of the posters, who holds a donation status, told him to call the ATF. I gave him neg rep, because that is the most god awful advice I have ever heard. He is now in the red(negative) rep. What this will do, hopefully, is allow anyone reading his posts to either disregard them, or attempt to search further beyond his posts, because his reputation is negative and he may be giving crap advice.

IMO that's a legitimate use of the system and what it was intended for.

I didn't neg rep him because I simply disagreed with him, but because he was giving information and suggestions that could potentially(most likely in fact), put someone in prison and have their rights taken away for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Recently there was a thread where the OP asked about some firearms that he had possession of and was attempting to figure out if he legally owned them. One of the posters, who holds a donation status, told him to call the ATF. I gave him neg rep, because that is the most god awful advice I have ever heard. He is now in the red(negative) rep. What this will do, hopefully, is allow anyone reading his posts to either disregard them, or attempt to search further beyond his posts, because his reputation is negative and he may be giving crap advice.

IMO that's a legitimate use of the system and what it was intended for.

I didn't neg rep him because I simply disagreed with him, but because he was giving information and suggestions that could potentially(most likely in fact), put someone in prison and have their rights taken away for life.
    There's always the exception to the rule. Were this the majority of the use for this system then I would laud it, unfortunately it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    ...Also, haven't you given it out yourself? If so it's rather hypocritical of you to come complaining here when you find it directed at you when you seem to have no problem directing it at others.
    We all know what happens when one assumes. Members with less than 50 posts do not get any power with rep, the disapprove option isnt even listed, while all rep left by people with less than 50 posts is nuetral in nature it is also an approval.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter411 View Post
    We all know what happens when one assumes. Members with less than 50 posts do not get any power with rep, the disapprove option isnt even listed, while all rep left by people with less than 50 posts is nuetral in nature it is also an approval.
    A question, logically and grammatically, is not an assumption.

whatever... If you want to have some teenager back and forth argument about nothing with me please send me a pm or email.. This is the suggestion forum.. Thanks

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter411 View Post
    whatever... If you want to have some teenager back and forth argument about nothing with me please send me a pm or email.. This is the suggestion forum.. Thanks
    You made a suggestion to eliminate neg rep, and I'm disagreeing. My posts are entirely in line with this thread and forum. If you feel otherwise report them and we'll see what the moderators think.

ETA: I find it fascinating that you would ask me to send you a pm or email if I "want to have some teenager back and forth argument about nothing", and then YOU go ahead and send me a pm. I don't want to have a behind-the-forum "teenager back and forth" with you, so I won't be responding to your pm.
    Last edited by IronSight; May 12th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    You made a suggestion to eliminate neg rep, and I'm disagreeing. My posts are entirely in line with this thread and forum. If you feel otherwise report them and we'll see what the moderators think.
    holy shit man... I sent you a pm already explaining everything that needs to be explained.. Not sure exactly what your problem is, but if you could maybe read the pm and then respond to me that way I would appreciate it.

(Delaware County)

I personally prefer 100% visible reputation. keeps everyone honest.

I'm not sure if it's possible on vbulletin, but I know that's how mybb's reputation system is.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast