Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default trapshooting at Tri-States in Port Jervis

For those interested in trap shooting, Tri-States Rod and Gun in Port Jervis is running a Trap League. It started on May 10. They shoot on Tuesdays. All levels of shooters. They are looking for more particpants. You don't have to be a member of the club.
    A League shooter is required to shoot two rounds of trap for score each Tuesday. They will assign you to a team.

The range is located at the end of Orange St. Turn off Main St. onto Orange St. by Elmer's Coffee Shop. Look at it this way...it will probably cost you the same or less for two rounds of trap then the gas it takes to get to Archbald and back. You'll meet a nice group of people, too!

Incidentally, you can shoot there on Sundays (practice) without having a membership.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke ...

(Pike County)

Default Re: trapshooting at Tri-States in Port Jervis

What time?

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Pike County)

Charlie B.

They usually start League shooting on Tuesdays around 5 p.m. Sunday practice starts at 12 noon.

Here is a link that might be helpful:

http://tristates.novatech-group.com
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke ...

(Pike County)

Thanks Swede, I enjoyed shooting with and meeting everyone tonight. I haven’t shot trap on a league in 25 years and am glad to have seen your post and been able to join.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Pike County)

Charlie:

We look forward to seeing you again at the Tri-States R&G Club. I'm glad you found the experience pleasant.

If you know of anyone else, either here on this forum, or elsewhere, who is interested in trap-shooting bring them along.

Also keep in mind the skeet shooting range at Beaver Brook in Tusten, NY. It is just across the Roebling Bridge from Lackawaxen. They shoot trap and skeet on Thursday evenings and on Sunday mornings this time of year.

(Pike County)

Can you provide directions or contact info for the Beaver Brook club?

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Charlie:

We look forward to seeing you again at the Tri-States R&G Club. I'm glad you found the experience pleasant.

If you know of anyone else, either here on this forum, or elsewhere, who is interested in trap-shooting bring them along.

Also keep in mind the skeet shooting range at Beaver Brook in Tusten, NY. It is just across the Roebling Bridge from Lackawaxen. They shoot trap and skeet on Thursday evenings and on Sunday mornings this time of year.

(Pike County)

Beaver Brook R&G Club

Follow route 434 across route 6; stay to left onto route 590; cross Roebling Bridge into NY route 97; go left about 1.3 miles; make right onto Lackawaxen Rd. ; follow until you come to Stop sign;turn left and follow road to club.

Shooting starts around 9 a.m. on Sunday. I think it starts 4 or 5 p.m. on Thursday.

(Pike County)

Thanks! That is the closest skeet range I've heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Beaver Brook R&G Club

Follow route 434 across route 6; stay to left onto route 590; cross Roebling Bridge into NY route 97; go left about 1.3 miles; make right onto Lackawaxen Rd. ; follow until you come to Stop sign;turn left and follow road to club.

Shooting starts around 9 a.m. on Sunday. I think it starts 4 or 5 p.m. on Thursday.

(Pike County)

Guess I should try this fangdangled clay bird stuff... But still on the fence on it.

Snert..

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    Thanks Swede, I enjoyed shooting with and meeting everyone tonight. I haven’t shot trap on a league in 25 years and am glad to have seen your post and been able to join.
    I meant to ask you last time if you would like to shoot on our team. we need a fourth guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast