Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default New summer carry

So today i took an old taurus 66 to my local dealer to put it on consignment, but i ended up trading it for a new lcr in .38 special (+p).

I couldn't believe the deal my guy gave me (my gun +$100 cash ) for it, and i love the new toy. I actually think it will be replacing my xd 9mm subcompact as my everyday summer carry this year.

I put 100 rounds of 130 grain mc ammo through it this afternoon and was actually able to keep some fairly tight groups at 10 yards. I will post some pic soon.

Also ordered two speed strips for it and bought a box of pdx1 defensive rounds.

I will be investing in some .38 dies soon though as its kinda an expensive date at $19.99 / box of 50.

Now for the holster search. Thinking a pocket (desantis nemesis) for now and a nicer leather IWB holster when i have the cash.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(York County)

Default Re: New summer carry

Those LCR's are an excellent deal for the price. You get a hell of alot of bang for your buck, very typical of all Ruger products.

Congrats!
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

Very true, and it is an excellent gun. Call me crazy but I find the trigger on the LCR to be better than my Smith J Frame.

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: New summer carry

Nice pick up, good deal on a good gun. Can't go wrong there!
    Tim , USAF Ret.

I love my LCR and the DeSantis Nemesis is the way to go for CC. It's small and light so it can be carred all day. Three of us tried shooting it at a target 25 yards away. See the word tried. We did hit the paper but shots were all over. At ten yards I can keep all five in the black. Which makes me happy. The +P can be a handfull, but that's what I carry. Mine likes 158 gr. LRN for target shooting.

Congrats on the Trade, I love my LCR and I'm not even much of a Revolver guy. What type of Grips did you end up with? The Standard Houge or the Boot Grip? I think the Boot Grip allows the use of Speed Loaders, The Standard Houge grip gets in the way, Like you I went with Speed strips and as an added bonus they carry easier in the pocket than a Speed loader.

I tried the Boot grip on mine, didn't much care for it. Check out Ruger.com, They sell holsters for it at not too bad prices.

Enjoy
    TJ
    Recoil Happens

(Cumberland County)

Thanks guys.

Mine has the hogue grips on it, but I tried a speed loader for a 442 and it worked great. Mine actually has a little section of the grip that is thinner on the left side to allow use of speed loaders (I assume ruger started doing this in response to the requests of original LCR owners).
    However, it is just so much easier (and 1/2 the price) to use speed strips and throw them in a pocket that trying to deal with a speed loader. The whole purpose for me was to minimize weight and bulk. I have actually been practicing with a speed strip and I am getting decently fast at reloading with it. Almost as quick as a normal speed loader anyway.

Does anyone know where to order the desantis nemesis from? Not having good luck finding them in stock and cheap...
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by grannas211 View Post
    Very true, and it is an excellent gun. Call me crazy but I find the trigger on the LCR to be better than my Smith J Frame.
    You're not crazy; the LCR trigger is the best factory trigger I've ever felt in an out of the box revolver made in the last 10-15 years (Performance Center guns excluded)
    Last edited by dirksterg30; May 11th, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    Does anyone know where to order the desantis nemesis from? Not having good luck finding them in stock and cheap...
    This site has them for less than $24 shipped: http://www.amazon.com/NEW-DESANTIS-N.../dp/B003UO85S2

Impact Guns has them for $16.99 (not sure what shipping would be): http://www.impactguns.com/desantis-n...695293286.aspx

Both list the Nemesis as "In Stock"

(Berks County)

I love my LCR, I have the model with the smaller grip and the XS big dot sight from the factory. I can say I like this setup much more then my brother in laws with the houge grip and regular front sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast