This is my fifth year as a baseball umpire and I love the job and the kids. As we all know, some parents can get a little rowdy and/or obnoxious. Well I just got an email from the league about a parent who was kicked out of the league for following an umpire back to his car and threatening him. Considering some of the areas I umpire I feel that carrying is probably in my best interest.

Obviously, deep concealment is a necessity. I just recently purchased a pocket holster for my Sig P238 and was going to pocket carry it in my right front pocket when it dawned on me, what if I get hit with a foul ball there? I can't carry in my back pocket because it isn't deep enough and the grip can protrude slightly when I bend over.

Do you think it's a bad idea to carry in my right front pocket? In my four years I've been hit only once there (and I stopped keeping my phone there as a result). I don't think a ball hitting the gun would be enough to set it off but considering I carry condition 1 I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

I considered a tuckable IWB holster but I often ride my motorcycle to the games which requires taking my shirt off to put on my chest protector in plain view of people in the parking lot. Like it or not, but it's my opinion that for situations like this the gun needs to stay COMPLETELY hidden.

Getting another gun is out of the question. So what are people's thoughts? Is it safe? Should I switch to condition 2 or 3?

Thanks guys!