Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Class III dealers in NW and Western PA?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    Shanor- prices for the MG's were way high. Dont know about tranfers so I cant say. BUT- I saw Dave in May, told him that some folks had never fired a full auto. He took them both and let them shoot a ppsh-41. Not a your everyday gun.I also told other dealers that day but Dave was the Only One that even offered a chance to shoot anything..
    Don't know much about Shanor's MG prices, but I can tell you his transfer price is quite reasonable and, as far as I know anyway, he won't truck your property all over the state to gun shows without your permission.

I'll grant you that Dave is a nice guy and generous with letting people try out toys. But my suppressor should have never left his safe beyond what he had to do for serial number verification and allowing me to inspect it. Taking it out and putting it on display at gun shows without my permission was frankly irresponsible.

Also, his suppressor prices are pretty steep, at least the couple I've priced with him were. And as said, he's jacked up the transfer price a bit on third party transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by PA452 View Post
    Don't know much about Shanor's MG prices, but I can tell you his transfer price is quite reasonable and, as far as I know anyway, he won't truck your property all over the state to gun shows without your permission.

I'll grant you that Dave is a nice guy and generous with letting people try out toys. But my suppressor should have never left his safe beyond what he had to do for serial number verification and allowing me to inspect it. Taking it out and putting it on display at gun shows without my permission was frankly irresponsible.

Also, his suppressor prices are pretty steep, at least the couple I've priced with him were. And as said, he's jacked up the transfer price a bit on third party transfers.
    Times are hard for everyone. One has to raise a few prices somewhere. I know none of the guys mentioned, just know things are tough.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Butler County)

It is all good fellas, I welcome both of you to the NFA community. Using a local dealer is good sense. Pa452- you must have had quite a suppressor if the it was shown throughout the lands, shows you got taste!
    We all need get together and have a shoot!

It's not that it was that serious of a suppressor, but it was the first of its type that Dave had seen. He seemed quite impressed by it. He's now a dealer and probably has his own samples, but at the time that he had mine he didn't yet.

I understand the need to raise prices if need be, gotta do what you gotta do. But as a consumer, I'm going to be looking out for my best interest too. By raising his prices, he's lost business he might have otherwise had. Worked out well for me though anyway. I found out about Shanor and he was a lot closer of a trip for me anyway.

(Venango County)

(Crawford County)

I had my purchase and paperwork done through Walker Precision in Erie and found Chris very knowledgeable. His paperwork and instructions were clear, concise and quick. Now, on the other hand, the response from BATFE sure leaves a lot to be desired. I'm still waiting since they cashed my check in early March.

Everyone, please keep me in mind if you are in the Indiana Co area. I am a 07 FFL / 02 SOT and recently got my licenses. I will help with low-cost transfers to keep my books going as I am doing this on the side to get my business off the ground while I still work full time as a safety professional. Because of that I do not have any inventory at this time.

I specialize in AK and smg builds and am in the process of getting ATF approval on my semi MP44 design so I can offer build services for people with demilled parts kits. Would be happy to talk about SBR'ing your favorite rifle too or building the semi Sten or Thompson you've always wanted.

My email is mp43sniper at hotmail.com (remove spaces and replace at with @)and if you send me a note with your phone number I'll give you a call.

* If your request is beyond my ability or will take longer than you'd like, I'll be happy to pass on the deal to keep all parties happy. And maybe I can help you find another C2 or C3 to get your project taken care of too.

Thanks,
    Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12