Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buddy just bought a used PT92 ...

Buddy just bought a used PT92 he loves it, because its easy to shoot and accurate but the magazine works its self out while shooting causing FTF.
    He just bought 2 megar mags still same problem unless he palms the mag, he says.

I tell him I like the same thing about the PT92, but the reason I buy Berettas is that its the same look and feel without all the problems. If you get a good PT92/99/101 you have a good gun. But buying Beretta from my experience there is no or very few what ifs or I need to get this fixed.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Buddy just bought a used PT92 ...

Sounds like their may be a problem with the magazine catch. He should call Taurus and see if they can trouble shoot it and send him the parts. Time to take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

(Warren County)

I've got a PT99AF that does that if I use Beretta magazines, but it doesn't with the Taurus mag's. A buddy had some he wasn't using so he gave them to me thinking they would work but no such luck.

Hopefully the issue with your buddy's will be resolved quickly as it is a fun gun to shoot and quite accurate. For what I paid for it, I'm quite pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Buddy just bought a used PT92 he loves it, because its easy to shoot and accurate but the magazine works its self out while shooting causing FTF.
    He just bought 2 megar mags still same problem unless he palms the mag, he says.

I tell him I like the same thing about the PT92, but the reason I buy Berettas is that its the same look and feel without all the problems. If you get a good PT92/99/101 you have a good gun. But buying Beretta from my experience there is no or very few what ifs or I need to get this fixed.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

I'm sorry to hear your buddy bought a PT92 OP
    -Ben

I bought a PT92 way back in the 80's (yes I feel old) I guess I got a good one. Your friends issue sounds like it could be something easy to fix. Give Taurus a call. Hope it works out. das
    [SIGPIC]

(Cumberland County)

He should try replacing the mag release/mag release spring. Probably just worn. Try calling Taurus, see if they'll send the parts.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I have tried to get Taurus to send me parts, but they always insist on fixing it themselves. They are happy to send you parts if you purchase them. The parts you need to fix your problem are very cheap. If the spring is weak, he can release the mag while shooting just by accidentally bumping the release button.

People that own PT92 think the world of them comparing them favorably with M9/92sfs and even maybe favoring them for some reason. I've owned PT101 SS 96 with adjustable rear sights very accurate and pretty gun but it did have a FTE problem I traded it for a Centurion 96 DAO and never looked back.

I really did like the PT101 but Tarurus nor I just couldn't never work out the problem. I saw a compact PT92 Beretta doesn't make one of those I may risk it and buy another one. My 24/7 40 s&w is a good reliable gun. Nothing like my Berettas but still a good gun.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    People that own PT92 think the world of them comparing them favorably with M9/92sfs and even maybe favoring them for some reason. I've owned PT101 SS 96 with adjustable rear sights very accurate and pretty gun but it did have a FTE problem I traded it for a Centurion 96 DAO and never looked back.

I really did like the PT101 but Tarurus nor I just couldn't never work out the problem. I saw a compact PT92 Beretta doesn't make one of those I may risk it and buy another one. My 24/7 40 s&w is a good reliable gun. Nothing like my Berettas but still a good gun.
    Beretta does make a compact 92.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/75958
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

That is why I come hear information, thanks. I'll have to look at it when I get home its blocked here at work. Thanks so much.

Tarurus allure is its price and almost the same thing. Beretta is you get what you pay for, the big R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast