Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Joshua West for Philadelphia Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    from the bio,

In 2005 Josh returned to Active Duty as an Operations Officer in Pennsylvania's Joint Emergency Operations Center at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania. He was responsible for leading a team of Soldiers & Airmen who monitored, in real time, emergency situations reported by public safety agencies across the state; determining the most serious situations and reporting them directly to the Governor and Adjutant General; coordinating with the Federal & Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agencies and planning military support for Civil Authorities.

will the real mr fife please stand up?

i wish it could be we had a barney fife to elect sheriff. although i like some of what he is putting out its kind of scary to consider the position related to this dudes exp.

i might prefer some politicaly connected, incompetent cronie to someone so well versed in the implementation and exercise of martial law.
    On a related note, news reports suggest sky is falling.

I think, just the sheer fact of coming into the lion's den and posting here, he's worth considering. Even if Josh's views don't entirely line up with ours, or his positions aren't entirely in line with ours, if he has some views and positions that are pro-gun owner and pro-current law, then he's worth voting for, IMO.

If another candidate comes along later who is more aligned with our views, then so be it, it's not like we're electing the guy to be Pope.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    i might prefer some politicaly connected, incompetent cronie to someone so well versed in the implementation and exercise of martial law.
    Really, I think I would prefer someone who know's what they are doing. Philadelphia already has plenty of politicaly connected, incompetent cronie's. We need the change.

2011 - Vote out the incumbents.

(Philadelphia County)

OK Josh U have my vote!

Philadelphia, and proud of it., Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

Joshua West took the Republican nomination for Sheriff in the primary. Not unexpected: he was unopposed.

He'll be going up against Jewell Williams in November.

Congrats, Mr. West. Now begins the real challenge.

-chivalrouscarry

Philadelphia, and proud of it., Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

Joshua West's opponent in the November elections, Jewell Williams, has become the center of a legal suit against the state. He is implicated in some inappropriate behavior.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-0...williams-smell

Odd that this didn't come up before the election, since the accused behavior started as early as 2007. We'll see if this makes any difference when the election comes around.

-chivalrouscarry

(Philadelphia County)

Please Join Josh at Bonner's Irish Pub tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct 4th) between 5:00 and 7:30 PM for a fundraiser. $35 donation - open bar and food

Bonner's Irish Pub
    120 S. 23rd St.
    Philadelphia, Pa 19103

Josh is an Army veteran and an avid supporter of the right to keep and bear arms. He has been endorsed by Firearm Owners Against Crime for the Office of Sheriff.

If you want a Sheriff who will vigorously enforce the law, issue LTCF's fairly, and defend gun rights - then support Josh West for Philadelphia Sheriff...

www.westforsheriff.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123