Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Police confront OCer

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    Now it was I that was accused of not having an understanding of the English language but I have always used the word react and somehow to some of you guys react is defined as being a suspect or criminal. You see what I mean by sort of maliciously changing what was said so one can tout it's wrong?
    wboggs, i apparently misunderstood what you meant by "affect you" in your original post. your post was following up discussion of suspicion being aroused by OC, so i thought you were talking about having one's suspicions raised.

i guess that's not what you meant, though, so i apologize for accusing you of redefining the english language...you are not, after all, a member of the supreme court.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Is someone talking about me again?

nobody even mentioned the words "post whore"
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    nobody even mentioned the words "post whore"
    I think that should get you rep points.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Hey everyone, I apologize for any trouble I may have started here. Seems the word suspicious has been a real stickler here. Yes I think I was the first one who used it in this thread saying “I'd be suspicious seeing someone I didn't know OC'ing”.

This comes from my own experiences OC’ing. I've OC'd about 4 or 5 times total and each time was absolutely terrible. No one else noticed or gave me a second glance, but I felt like I was running around with my tallywacker hanging out. I’ve never felt so self-conscience in my life. The only person freaking out about me OC’ing was me. So I guess the whole concept of civilians OC’ing in public freaks me out to some degree. Anyone including myself OC’ing at the range doesn’t bother me in the least bit. Right or wrong that’s how I feel.

Why, I don’t know. Is it human nature, a conditioned response, taking notice, a reaction, a break in the space-time continuum, I don’t know? Maybe it’s from being raised in upstate NY and Chicago where guns are evil. I really have no interest in putting a label on my analysis of seeing someone OC’ing. So please don’t respond to this post analyzing me unless you have a PHD. I’ll just go on CC’ing where I feel 100% comfortable.

And I’m sorry I agreed with wboggs post#66. Calling TonyF a liar in a later post was uncalled for.

Individually I apologize to TonyF and Pa. Patriot for being a tad pissy.

Maybe I just need to get laid.

I'll probably unsubscribe from this thread now. See you all later.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Not to get off track or thread hijack, but I'm gonna through a hammer in here.
    Yes a hammer, It's widely known that Hell's Angles, Skinheads and people of the sort carry hammers. No laws against that. No law makers seem to be trying to ban hammers. Would anyone here get upset of seeing someone open carring a hammer? Regardless of what they looked like? Just asking & adding food for thought.

RWhiteman, 144 posts on your first thread! and still going!
    Last edited by P89; December 28th, 2007 at 09:25 AM.

(Luzerne County)

I like this guy, RWhiteman. Can we keep him?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    This comes from my own experiences OC’ing. I've OC'd about 4 or 5 times total and each time was absolutely terrible. No one else noticed or gave me a second glance, but I felt like I was running around with my tallywacker hanging out. I’ve never felt so self-conscience in my life. The only person freaking out about me OC’ing was me. So I guess the whole concept of civilians OC’ing in public freaks me out to some degree. Anyone including myself OC’ing at the range doesn’t bother me in the least bit. Right or wrong that’s how I feel.
    This is the essence of the issue of those who feel uncomfortable about OC. And I agree that there is no "right or wrong" in feeling that way. Yes it is irrational but it is nonetheless real.

The point is, it's not the cops or the public at large that has a problem with OC, it's those who have never OC'ed that have a problem with it. Several members of this board can attest to this as fact.

To be honest, I felt the same way about CC when I was first issued my LTC. Self conscious is the keyword. I was convinced that everyone I encountered "knew" I was CC'ing, was fearful I'd print, got nervous in the presence of LEO's and on and on and on. It takes a while to become relaxed with CC and even more so with OC for obvious reasons.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Would anyone here get upset of seeing someone open carring a hammer? Regardless of what they looked like? Just asking & adding food for thought.

Nope! He's packin' a hammer. I'm packin' a CZ or a GP-100 with GOLD DOTS!
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; December 28th, 2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    Nope! He's packin' a hammer. I'm packin' a CZ or a GP-100 with GOLD DOTS!
    Well, some would call that a hammer of sorts

Eureka! We can just start calling our guns hammers, and all the sheeple will be none the wiser!

Sheeple: Is that a gun you're carrying?
    Me: Nope, just a new kind of hammer.
    Sheeple: OK, I got scared for a minute... thanks!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Police confront OCer

Reminds me when I was CC-ing at 2:30 am and driving a drunk client home from a bar in Doylestown and got pulled over by Warminster PA 10 seconds from the bar. I MAY have crossed the line (yeah, ok).

2 cars pulled me over (1 sgt and 1 newbie). Of course driving a 2000 Crown Vic cruiser with 2 way radio and scanner; the 1st Question, are you a officer.
    No. Gave them my DL and FOP card.

After a few minutes of waiting for them to run my tags, they asked me to rear of car to TALK.

I was wearing Tan 3/4 shorts and white T shirt and my Glock .45 (and spare mag) at 1pm in nylon IWB holster.

I was a little nervous about the wierd request to exit my car.

They asked me where I was going and such again and am I sure I'm not a cop?!? I explained that I wasn't and also at that point voluntered I did armed security/PI work and WHATS UP?

They then asked if I was currently carrying. Said yes. Both asked wheres it at, as if both shocked to hear I was. I told them. Younger cop said "I don't see it". I almost laughed at him.

I explained about doing high-security work for over 15 years and said thats the point. Sgt. agreed with me smiling and said 'just have a good night'. Maybe I taught the rookie something about observations.

We exchanged pleasantries abit and said goodnight. end of story.

I got nervous for a minute for nothing I guess. But again, depends on the officers I'm sure.
    Al Zeller

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314