Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default HK Mark 23 over priced???

After falling out of love with the Sig P220 i decided to look at HK. I was going to get a HK USP 45 Tac. but then i saw the seals use the M23. So I looked into the mark 23 and saw it goes for $2000!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!? Is this price REALLY worth it???! I mean for that kind of money id rather buy an Ed Brown or Les Baer 1911 and i know they would def out shoot the HK. Can someone tell me what makes a HK M23 worth that much?! I mean the most id pay for the gun is $1500 and thats alot for a polymer frame.

Default Re: HK Mark 23 over priced???

It is expensive, but it reminds me of a USP Tac on steroids. It is designed to be indestructible, and from what I have read and seen, it is. If you don't need to pistol whip 50 or 60 head of cattle into submission everyday, the M23 would virtually last you until the end of time.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Daddy View Post
    WTF!? Is this price REALLY worth it???! I mean for that kind of money id rather buy an Ed Brown or Les Baer 1911
    Well, there you have it. You could actually carry a 1911 too.

Fwiw, the Seals tend to not use the HK, but it is in their toolbox.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: HK Mark 23 over priced???

Ya' know... were it revealed that the SEALs killed Osama with grapefruit spoons, the friggin' grocery stores would've been out of grapefruit spoons by last Monday evening.

You've already fallen OUT of love with the Sig220. Were you LOOKING at buying one, or did you buy first, and then fall out of love? If the latter be the case, then instead of throwing more good money after bad, why not TRY OUT a few different types of pistols and calibers, and find out which one actually works BEST for you?

When I got into pistols ca.1990, the "Wundernine" was all the rage, followed shortly thereafter by the 10mm... for about 15 minutes (during which I bought my S&W 1006)... and then the .40S&W. Only took about 6 mos. of practice before I STARTED hitting what I was aiming at with the Smith. Alll three calibers were supposed to be the death knell of the .45 1911, which is why I cared nothing at all about the "ancient Audie Murphy gun." DIDN'T want one - DIDN'T hold enough bullets - TOO outdated - WON'T stick around with the public and then parts will be hard to get, yada, yada, yada. I really believed all that hype, too.

Flash-forward 20 years. Other than my Ruger Mk.III, would you LIKE to see MY pistol collection NOW?

Ooops.

Sometimes, the latest & greatest, isn't. The best pistol ISN'T what someone else has, or is marketing - it's what works best in YOUR hands. My suggestion is, PRACTICE more, INVESTIGATE more, and purchase ONCE. It'll be MUCH more satisfying all the way around, in the long run.

(Bucks County)

the HK MK23 is expensive and if you want one then it's worth 2K but i have seen them for less than 2 grand at a couple of shops. One shop in MD had two HK MK23 for around 1750 which was a damn good price in my opinion and I would bought one if i had the money and wanted one. with that said it's a huge beast and not practical for concealed carry so all its really good for is range use and HD. if you're looking at HK pistols my suggestion would be to go for the HK45 or HK tactical. both will have great accuracy and reliablility but cost 900 -1000 dollars less than the MK23. the tactical comes with a threaded barrel which is good if you want to go with a suppressor.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Daddy View Post
    Can someone tell me what makes a HK M23 worth that much?! I mean the most id pay for the gun is $1500 and thats alot for a polymer frame.
    Back in the late 1990s you could have bought one NIB for around $1300-1500, but keep in mind that it was discontinued last year so now they sell for whatever they can get.

(Cumberland County)

I'd LOOOVVVEE a Mk23. It'd go good with my USP. Maybe replace my USP as an HD gun.

Spending $2000 for something isn't worth it just because the SEAL's use it. If that's the case, you want a SigSauer P226 instead.

(Allegheny County)

It costs about $1000 to much if you ask me.
    As soon as you put the fnh .45 tactical next to it anyway.
    Ambi everything
    Threaded barrel
    Suppressor height night sights
    Rail
    Red dot mount
    15rd mags and you get 3
    Adjustable back straps...

So like I said... since you can get that for $1000... Why the fuck would I spend $2k for less?

(Lackawanna County)

[QUOTE=The_War_Wagon;1590164]Ya' know... were it revealed that the SEALs killed Osama with grapefruit spoons, the friggin' grocery stores would've been out of grapefruit spoons by last Monday evening.

You've already fallen OUT of love with the Sig220. Were you LOOKING at buying one, or did you buy first, and then fall out of love? If the latter be the case, then instead of throwing more good money after bad, why not TRY OUT a few different types of pistols and calibers, and find out which one actually works BEST for you?

I use to own a Sig p220 Match Elite, and two Sig P220 Sports. I traded them off one by one. IMO if the Sig P220 only holds 8 rounds and aren't quite as accurate as a good 1911, i might as well just carry a 1911. 1911s are also lighter and easier to carry. Now if Sig made a p220 that can hold 12-13 rounds i think i would fall in love all over again. So the bottom line is because HK M23 holds more rounds.

(Lackawanna County)

i dont want just a USP. I like to have high end pistols. Which is why ive never owned just a plain old P220. But for 2K you can buy a master shop sig! so is the HK mark 23 really worth it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast