Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Wife supports CC but not OC any advice?

This is similar to mine. My GF started out terrified of guns. She's had the bad experiences with them to justify it. Behold her suprise the first time I laid my Glock down on her coffee table so it wouldn't jab her while we snuggled on the couch. Her terror turned to nervousness which evolved into understanding, comfort and then love for the Glock which at first terrified her and then protected her from a would-be robber trying to kick down her front door.

When the power of the Firearm is respected, it should be respected regardless if it's open or concealed.

Open Carry is a form of self-expression. It's an expression of self confidence & knowledge of the law and the fact that one's safety is in their own hands. Open Carry is also a form of activism. It's a way of standing up for and represnting your rights to firearm ownership in a dangerous and oppressive world. In my mind, Open Carry should be respected not questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    My story started out like yours, my wife never saw a firearm until I showed up.. Hell now she ask me before we go out anywhere; did you remember your pistol?
    It makes me happy

I only recently started entertaining the idea of Oc`ing and started doing it in small doses (I'm still in the nervous little girl stage).. She likewise seems to get a little nervous about it as well. However I think I'll win her over little bits at a time.

Default Re: Wife supports CC but not OC any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Start OC'ing around the house.
    Quoted for the truth.

My wife was similar, except she had grown up with firearms around the house.

When I started carrying we discussed the cc/oc choices. She asked me not to OC when we went out together. I agreed (mostly). But when I was around the house I OC'd.

Last week I was working around the house and we needed something from Lowes. I told her I'd get it the next day because I was dirty and sweaty and didn't feel like putting on a different shirt because the one I was wearing didn't conceal well.

"Just open carry ..."

I do indeed love my wife.

So, carry around the house, while doing chores, even just sitting around the house. If she asks why, tell her you are breaking in the holster a bit. She'll eventually come around.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Wife supports CC but not OC any advise?

You wife loves you and doesn't want you getting shot for OC'ing if you wander in to Philly city limits!
    MikeP

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    [snip]I laid my Glock down on her coffee table so it wouldn't jab her while we snuggled on the couch. [snip]
    "Is that a gun, or are you just happy to see me?"
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Bedford County)

I was just going to say.. some girls find guns incredibly sexy.. maybe you should OC it with some cologne and a muscle shirt ??

worked for me
    I am not a lawyer !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123