Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Wife supports CC but not OC any advice?

My wife and I came from very different backgrounds regarding her exposure to firearms. She had no brothers and was never exposed to firearms until we met.

Since meeting me she has learned to shoot a revolver and actually likes it. She totally understands and agrees with the concept of self protection and is perfectly ok with me having guns loaded throughout the house for protection. We have no children and when we have any type of gathering I unload them for safe keeping except for the one I am carrying.

She has come to support my CCing habits since I have started carrying on a daily basis over the last two years. In a lot of cases she is now feeling safer that I am carrying. We have actually discussed her getting her LTCF and she seemed ok with it even if it was just to acquire it while it was still easy to do and to facilitiate her purchasing a handgun if she ever wanted to.

She seems to have a real issue however with me OCing. She is concerned about getting arrested and any attention it may cause. I explained the legalities but the concept is so strange to her that she seems like she doesn't want to except it. Even when I am going out by myself she questions me as to why I need to expose it that way. She jokingly says when I get arrested she is not bailing me out.

Any advise? Anyone go through the same process with their significant other? Summer is here and OC would be a nice option as it gets hotter.
    Last edited by Brudog; May 8th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Wife supports CC but not OC any advise?

The most liberating day of my life was when I finally figured out I probably wasn't getting laid tonight anyway.

Don't OC or learn to live with an upset wife.

Start OC'ing around the house.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Venango County)

Be sure to go to a group shoot or group dinner nearest to you and hopefully that has some female carriers and especially OC female carriers.

Although my wife normally let's me do what I wish, I think a dinner let her see that I am not a lone wolf out there. (I mostly cc as I don't have a retention rig or nice weapons, mine are antiquated and big uglies.)
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

Baby steps. It sounds like you have come a long way with her already. You started by introducing her to firearms. Then you got her to the point where she enjoys shooting. She came to support you CCing, and is even considering getting her own LTCF. Perhaps, given some more time, she will be ok with you OCing. Then again, maybe not. Either way, baby steps.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post

She seems to have a real issue however with me OCing. She is concerned about getting arrested and any attention it may cause. I explained the legalities but the concept is so strange to her that she seems like she doesn't want to except it. Even when I am going out by myself she questions me as to why I need to expose it that way. She jokingly says when I get arrested she is not bailing me out.
    Considering what has happened to other members, this is a valid concern for her to have. People have gotten arrested, firearms seized and had bullshit charges filed against them. Those people were forced to defend themselves at their own cost in court because the police aren't following state law or departmental policy.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Just let her know your dislike for when she speaks, but that your support her writing notes and letters to you.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Look her in the eye, tell her that it's not like you are getting any anyway, and keep OCing?
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Considering what has happened to other members, this is a valid concern for her to have. People have gotten arrested, firearms seized and had bullshit charges filed against them. Those people were forced to defend themselves at their own cost in court because the police aren't following state law or departmental policy.
    Once again Streaker69 has posted my thoughts before I got a chance to.

I echo the above, legal or not, you can get arrested and draw a lot of attention to yourself. If that's not a problem then you have to decide what's more important, keeping peace in the house and continuing to CC or rock the boat and OC hoping she will come around.

At least she not against all forms of carrying.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Once again Streaker69 has posted my thoughts before I got a chance to.

I's in your cranium, picking amongst the cobwebs.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast