Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default heidelberg sportsmens association

Hello,

I am new to the website and wanted to ask about the heidelberg sportsmens association and membership in Schaefferstown, PA . I am new to PAFOA and I apologize if I mess this up, but I am intrigued by the discussion boards and I am looking for some good intel.

My question:

I live a little over a 1hr 1/2 from heidelberg sportsmens association facility and would like to attend some of the events and activities. Is thier any way to partake in the ativities without becoming a member? Is thier a way to become a member (distant member) that doesnt require attending the meeting at the end of the month or having a sponser? I dont intend to sound like im whining, but Id raher not have to drive a 1hr 1/2 plus for a meeting to just turn around and come home after a day of working a 10 -12.

Background: It has nothing to do with the cost of membership. It is soley a availability issue. I live pretty far from the facility, and with my work and family life its is difficult to get away as it is. I would like to access the facilities on a weekend now and then type schedule. Any help would help.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: heidelberg sportsmens association

You are welcome at all of the shoots without becoming a member. Membership is only required to use the range at times other than shoots. Come and check us out. If you shoot with us, sponsorship should not be a problem and it is not necessary to attend meetings. The meetings, however, can be very entertaining at times.

Thumbs up Re: heidelberg sportsmens association

Thats great to hear! The location and membership sounds great, I just wish it was closer to home. I will definately be attending some of the shootouts and events. Thanks for the help.