My Dad bought one of these years ago and never shot it. I bought an inline muzzleloader earlier this fall for the early muzzleloader season and shot it a few times at the range to sight it in. Today though was my first time with a flintlock. My brother used it a couple years ago and apparently sighted it in. I loaded it up when I got out of the car this morning and when it came time to end my hunt I was unsure if I need to fully discharge it or simply empty the flash pan. A quick call to the PSP informed me that in order to transport legally it I should make sure it was unloaded. I found a stump about 25 yrd away with a good backstop and shot it. Had it been a deer I'd have more meat for the freezer. Now I was told to expect a brief delay. Well maybe it is just me but I didn't notice any noticable delay. It fired as fast as the inline does using a 209 primer. Granted it wasn't raining but I found it a reliable firearm. Completely different experience than the time a few years ago when I watched 6 men with flintlocks all miss the same deer because none their rifles fired.

Now I'm questioning the inline muzzleloader's transport. I was told if I took the primer out it was ok to case it and take it in the car.