Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does Ruger have any warranty?

If they do break it usually just a spring...easy fix. I have blazed 10's of 1000's of rounds through the ones I own...I have yet to have a problem. Care is also key, If you abuse just about anything it will eventually break.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Rugers don't break. Well not very often.
    Very true. But when they do it's really nice to be able to get it resolved in less than 48 hours with a new gun. The best most dealers will do is agree to send it back to the factory for you, then you will wind up waiting weeks for what amounts to a repaired, "new" gun. Bill T.

(Tioga County)

I had bought a used Blackhawk and after shooting it for awhile the grip frame broke. Sent it back to Ruger with a explanation on how it happened and with the reload that I was using and they repaired it free of charge. I had to pay the gunshop for their shipping cost which I don't have a problem with. I had also lost one of the pins that hold the firing control group in my 10/22, called Ruger and they sent me 2 new ones free of charge. I don't feel as you can beat that.

I find it kinda' strange that with manufacturers like Taurus offering lifetime warranty's on all their guns that a company like Ruger has nothing. I didn't even get an instruction manual with my new Vaquero. I had to download it from the internet. Love the gun but it is strange.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by okieco View Post
    I find it kinda' strange that with manufacturers like Taurus offering lifetime warranty's on all their guns that a company like Ruger has nothing. I didn't even get an instruction manual with my new Vaquero. I had to download it from the internet. Love the gun but it is strange.
    Some of that has to do with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (I know it's Wikipedia, but we're not talking dissertations here). It is far easier for them to just say, "No warranty," then take care of their customers properly than to express a warranty and have to worry about maintaining compliance with the variety of laws across the numerous jurisdictions in which they operate.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by okieco View Post
    First off major thread necro there bud. Secondly as I understand it Ruger does their "warranty" and barrel billboard this way due to state laws (or at least their interpretation of them) and a lawsuit.

from their own site
    The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.
    Regardless of their reasoning they are generally rated high for customer service.
    Last edited by ryan92084; September 26th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

(Bucks County)

I purchased a red label engraved used from a member in Dec. I found a hair line crack in the foregrip. I called Ruger. They replaced it for free and checked out the shot gun. All I did was pay for shipping. Their service is incredible. I will make another purchase from Ruger.

I have heard the samething about Smith and Wessen.

I have only called two gun manufacturers in my life. H&R and Ruger. Both were outstanding!

(Franklin County)

I bought a black hawk a couple of years ago. Had a problem. It was a new to me gun. I called , they sent ups to pick it up and had it back to me in a week. I would call if you have A PROBLEM AND SEE WHAT THE COST WOULD BE. mine was none. great service.
    In God We Trust............................

(Berks County)

It is an unspoken lifetime warranty in my experience. they have always treated me right, even when it was my fault. repaired and shipped back in one week.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Love their customer service. Can't go wrong with it. Wish other companies would relearn the lost art of customer service.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast