Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Magazine loaded

(Lehigh County)

Default Magazine loaded

While en route to the gun range I know ammo has to be seperate from the gun, but can the magazine be loaded as long as it is in the trunk away from the gun?
    Thanks

Default Re: Magazine loaded

I take it you don't have a carry permit. To be safe I'd keep mags, ammo and weapon in separate places, if you do not have a carry permit...if you do have the permit...carry away.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Magazine loaded

LOADED counts as either the loaded magazine actually IN the gun, cyclinder or chamber loaded, or ammunition or full magazine contained in the in the same compartment of the case of the gun.
    if the gun case has separate compartments, such as external pockets, the gun is not considered loaded as long as the ammo or magazine is stored in these external pockets, or INTERNAL pockets that are fully seperated.

be aware that a carry permit does not allow you to carry any long arm LOADED, in the same description as above....exceptions are below

CCW covers firearms, which for the purpose of the permit are defined as pistols, revolvers, rifles with a barrel less than 16", and 26" OAL(SBR), and shotguns with barrels less than 18" and 26" OAL(SBS), also MGs with a barrel less than 16".
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply