Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Places to get a Utah Non Residency CCW permit?

Quick question, does anyone know of anyplace in Montgomery, Berks, Bucks or Leigh county that offer a course / class in obtaining an Utah Non Residency CCW permit? I'm located in-between the suburbs of Philadelphia PA and Allentown PA so anything in or around the area would be great,. I already have my PA CCW and a Florida Non Residency CCW but I would like to add Utah to my collection so when I go to NV on business I can bring my firearm and carry it business as usual. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Places to get a Utah Non Residency CCW permit?

NRA Member, Class 1 & 3 FFL Dealer, Certified Instructor

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky45 View Post
    The guy that runs the above "one on one" Utah class wanted $350.00 to do it. I had a guy from Chester County come to my Upper Darby home for the Utah class and it was only $50.00, We did the class room stuff at my house and went to a range after, he gives you the fingerprint cards but you need to get them filled out and a photo on your own. My wife and I had the prints and photo done at the Chester County Sheriff's office.

Jeff will take care of ya.

JEFFREY GOLDBERG........................ 610-458-5688
    e-mail ............................. jsg525@earthlink.net

Good Luck,
    Bill

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    The guy that runs the above "one on one" Utah class wanted $350.00 to do it. I had a guy from Chester County come to my Upper Darby home for the Utah class and it was only $50.00, We did the class room stuff at my house and went to a range after, he gives you the fingerprint cards but you need to get them filled out and a photo on your own. My wife and I had the prints and photo done at the Chester County Sheriff's office.

Jeff will take care of ya.

Good Luck,
    Bill

OUCH! $350.00 is robbery. Hell you can take a 3 day 40 hour defensive pistol course with Steve from www.f-r-i.com for in and about the same price as that and at the end you automatically leave there with your paperwork for your Utah permit (should you successfully complete the course).
    Self Defense Solutions is owned and operated by Bruce Eimer, Phd. His Phd is in Psychology and from the people I know that have taken his Florida permit course tell be is is not all that well educated in arms but just gets by. He does a lot of writing for US Concealed Carry Magazine and and those are articles that I sometimes have to laugh at when reading. In one such writing by Mr. Eimer he states nobody should possess a LTCF without training and PA is one state where he feels mandatory taring needs to be established to receive a LTCF. That just frosted my tail and I actually caled him by phone to discuss why he even feels any should even need a LTCF at all as it goes against the true spirit of the US and PA Constitution.
    It is obvious since he makes his money training and he lives in PA that this is the reason for his motivation.

I highly suggest finding someone else to do you training. You can google the UTAH BCI and get a complete list of qualified instructions with contact information.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

I am also interested in obtaining the Utah non-resident license to carry. I live only several miles from Delaware and also work there. Acccording to Utah's website, here is a snapshot of the approved PA instructors. I plan to contact Jeffrey Goldberg in the near future based on Soberbykers experience and recommendation. The Utah url is - http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

Utah Certified Firearm Instructors

PENNSYLVANIA

BRENDT CARRACINO........................ 908-625-3932
    web site ..........................www.executivepi.com
    BRUCE EIMER .................................... 215-938-7283
    web site .....www.personaldefensesolutions.net
    ANTHONY FERRAZZOLI .................... 412-310-7838
    web site ............................www.fireinstitute.org
    WARREN LEVICOFF .......................... 215-576-6909
    e-mail ....................... info@detectiveagency.us
    ROBERT MCDOWELL ........................ 814-476-7523
    website....................www.lethaweaponstraining.com
    Last edited by doug; April 27th, 2008 at 04:30 AM.

(Berks County)

I second the recommendation for Jeff Goldberg. He's a really nice guy, and seems to be more interested in helping people get the permit than in making a few bucks for himself.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    OUCH! $350.00 is robbery. Hell you can take a 3 day 40 hour defensive pistol course with Steve from www.f-r-i.com for in and about the same price as that and at the end you automatically leave there with your paperwork for your Utah permit (should you successfully complete the course).
    Self Defense Solutions is owned and operated by Bruce Eimer, Phd. His Phd is in Psychology and from the people I know that have taken his Florida permit course tell be is is not all that well educated in arms but just gets by. He does a lot of writing for US Concealed Carry Magazine and and those are articles that I sometimes have to laugh at when reading. In one such writing by Mr. Eimer he states nobody should possess a LTCF without training and PA is one state where he feels mandatory taring needs to be established to receive a LTCF. That just frosted my tail and I actually caled him by phone to discuss why he even feels any should even need a LTCF at all as it goes against the true spirit of the US and PA Constitution.
    It is obvious since he makes his money training and he lives in PA that this is the reason for his motivation.

I highly suggest finding someone else to do you training. You can google the UTAH BCI and get a complete list of qualified instructions with contact information.
    I went with Jeff as I mentioned in my previous post, Eimer is more interested paying for his degree, he even said he doesn't like giving the Utah class, the only way to get Utah from him is one on one for the $350.00.

Jeff came to my house, as did a few other forum members, an gave us the class. IMHO the Utah permit is the better deal anyway, cheaper to get initially and to renew and gives PA residents the same nearby states.

If you're willing to go to NJ Jeff gives the Utah class in Phillipsburg at a range he belongs to for $35 or he'll come to you for $50, overall, even with getting my own prints and photo, Jeff is much less expensive than the Dr.

Bill

(Delaware County)

As a delco LTCF holder, I would also be interested in the Utah Non Res. permit since I am in DE regularly.

SoberByker, thanks for the info.

Johnny, if you're thinking of setting something up and you're interested in a "get together" let me know. If it were just a few people I may be able to host a little training like soberbyker did.
    Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.

libertarian,

I will keep you posted when I contact Jeff. I would like to make this happen in January if schedules allow.

Possibly other local members may be interested also???

I'm sure there are a few other members in the same situation residing so close to Delaware or just wish for the multiple state flexibility to carry.

Sound off if you are interested. I will keep all informed on status.

John

(Montgomery County)

put me down for a meeting with jeff, 50 is alot better than 350
    NRA Member, Class 1 & 3 FFL Dealer, Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast