Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Where have all the... 10mm gone?

Why is it near impossible to find a NEW 10mm 1911? Is colt still making the Delta Elite? Is Kimber still making a 10mm? Dan Wesson used to... but not so much anymore... Anyone know where I can find one of these?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Where have all the... 10mm gone?

Yes Colt has reissued the Delta Elite for 2011 and Kimber is still making the 10mm. As for finding one good luck. I know when I was looking for one I was told that if the gun wholesaler did not order it when they were making them that they were not going to get one. 10mm is a uncommon caliber now and not widely used although its my favorite. I know Glock also sells them pretty regularly and so does EA Witness. I skipped on the Kimber and bought a S&W 1006 for my full metal 10mm fix. I also paid about half the cost of a Kimber or Delta and the S&W is stainless.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Blair County)

Yes Kimber sitll makes them, Colt started making them again after a break a year or so ago. Glock is making them. Honestly I think the thing holding most companies back is that the Glock is so hard to beat. It hold twice as many rounds and somehow manages to completely tame the recoil (in the g20 anyhow). There is a delta elite in the classifieds here right now.....as far as ammo, youll have to load your own or mail order it. All I see in stores is Hornady and it is really loaded down, just slightly more power then a .40.

(Blair County)

I wish Sig would make one on the p220 frame.

Gun Broker.com or Guns America.com are two good places to start. The Delta Elite is a good gun. If you are needing a 10mm, check out the G20, if you have not already done so.

(York County)

There's a Delta in the classified section.

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/13...825-800-a.html
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(Bucks County)

Yeah i've seen that used one floating around... but its on the other side of the "country" haha. I would def prefer new (especially in 10mm, that thing is brutal on frames) but if push comes to shove I might go the used route. If I get real desperate iI would go glock 29sf... Although the glock is considerably thicker than a 1911... I do plan on carrying it from time to time.

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Where have all the... 10mm gone?

Sad to say, what you're seeing NOW, is why I got rid of my S&W 1006 eight years ago.

It was my primary carry piece for 12 years (1991-2003), but the discontinuation of it by S&W, combined with ammo scarcity & expense, led me to sell the old gal, even though I'd never had so much as a hiccup from it.

It's still a GREAT caliber, but the .40 seems to be the way of the world. I gave in, and went .45 in 1911 myself. The Big 10 will always be my first love, though...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Sad to say, what you're seeing NOW, is why I got rid of my S&W 1006 eight years ago.

It was my primary carry piece for 12 years (1991-2003), but the discontinuation of it by S&W, combined with ammo scarcity & expense, led me to sell the old gal, even though I'd never had so much as a hiccup from it.

It's still a GREAT caliber, but the .40 seems to be the way of the world. I gave in, and went .45 in 1911 myself. The Big 10 will always be my first love, though...
    If i get a 10mm... its going to be a shooter, not a safe queen. And thats why i'm so hesitant to get a used gun. Don't want it to fall apart on me...

I have a few 40's and I like them, but compared to the 10mm it is the Short and Weak.

Heine Makes a 10mm long slide 1911 that is supposed to be quite fantastic. Info on Nighthawk Custom's website.

www.nighthawkcustom.com

King Shooter's Supply is a nighthawk dealer and can order one through them.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast