Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Little Pine State Park

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    Little Pine range has always been a DCNR range. Starting on 1/15 of this year is the first permits have been required. I believe it is to offset the cost of the range upgrades and future lead remediation.
    So does it have the silly rules about capacity and such?

Be safe (and stay at home, if it does).

Scott

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post

Scott
    Prohibited Acts: At the Little Pine Shooting Range, except when authorized by the park manager or a designee, it is unlawful to:
    1.Possess a loaded firearm, except at an established shooting station on the firing line.
    2.Discharge a firearm, except from an established shooting station on the firing line at a paper target placed on a permanent target backboard. Glass bottles, cans, jugs or other similar materials shall not be used as targets.
    3.Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.
    4.Be intoxicated, use or possess an intoxicating beverage or controlled substance on the range.
    5.Possess an automatic weapon.
    6.Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition. Exceptions for the handgun portion of the range. At the Little Pine State Park range designated as the handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time.
    7.Shoot clay birds/targets.
    8.Possess, load or discharge a firearm for any reason without a Commonwealth-issued range permit signed by its holder. This prohibition does not apply to persons 15 years of age or younger or up to one person accompanying another person in possession of a valid Commonwealth-issued range permit.

Eligibility and Application:
    1.Range permits will only be issued to persons 16 years of age or older.
    2.Applications for range permits shall be made at the park office or at the self-service registration station at the range.
    3.Range permits must be displayed in your vehicle dashboard while using the range.
    4.Range Permit fees are as follows: Individual Permit $15, Family Permit, $20
    5.The Park Manager or designee may deny, revoke or suspend any permit for any violation of the rules and regulations of the Little Pine Shooting Range.

Range Permit

A range permit issued for the Little Pine State Park Shooting Range authorizes the permittee to utilize the established range at Little Pine State Park during the established operational hours.

Permittees shall utilize the established range at Little Pine State Park in a manner
    So yes they added some rules 3 rounds for long rifles 6 rounds for handguns

(Lycoming County)

Thanks!

I always thought the restrictions at the SGL Ranges were established with hunting in mind. Here is a range not administered by "the hunting people" and they still have the rules. Peculiar, just peculiar.

Be safe (and I will just keep shooting on my side of the County).

Scott

Prohibited Acts: At the Little Pine Shooting Range, except when authorized by the park manager or a designee, it is unlawful to:
    1.Possess a loaded firearm, except at an established shooting station on the firing line.
    2.Discharge a firearm, except from an established shooting station on the firing line at a paper target placed on a permanent target backboard. Glass bottles, cans, jugs or other similar materials shall not be used as targets.
    3.Discharge armor piercing, incendiary, explosive, tracer or multiple projectile ammunition.
    4.Be intoxicated, use or possess an intoxicating beverage or controlled substance on the range.
    6.Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition. Exceptions for the handgun portion of the range. At the Little Pine State Park range designated as the handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time.
    8.Possess, load or discharge a firearm for any reason without a Commonwealth-issued range permit signed by its holder. This prohibition does not apply to persons 15 years of age or younger or up to one person accompanying another person in possession of a valid Commonwealth-issued range permit.

2.Applications for range permits shall be made at the park office or at the self-service registration station at the range.
    3.Range permits must be displayed in your vehicle dashboard while using the range.
    5.The Park Manager or designee may deny, revoke or suspend any permit for any violation of the rules and regulations of the Little Pine Shooting Range.

Range Permit

A range permit issued for the Little Pine State Park Shooting Range authorizes the permittee to utilize the established range at Little Pine State Park during the established operational hours.

Permittees shall utilize the established range at Little Pine State Park in a manner

(Lycoming County)

Range Permit

That makes some sense then. I will say, reading the rules I always assumed it was an sgl range. I guess I'll just stick with the other ranges I'm a member at. I'm not going to pay extra to shoot somewhere with those rules.

Where in js. area are you? I thought I was the only local on here.

(Lycoming County)

Thanks!

I always thought the restrictions at the SGL Ranges were established with hunting in mind. Here is a range not administered by "the hunting people" and they still have the rules. Peculiar, just peculiar.

Be safe (and I will just keep shooting on my side of the County).

Scott
    Do you shoot at lccs? I'm going down to renew my membership here soon.

Scott
    Nothing about Capacity is silly!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Do you shoot at lccs? I'm going down to renew my membership here soon.
    I have had a membership and shot there in the past. That has been years. I also had to join when the NRA had an Instructor's Course there.

I have a range on my property so it is tough to beat for convenience. I do still get a Family Membership at North Mountain Sportsman's www.northmt.com I have not been there in years but I do it just to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    Nothing about Capacity is silly!
    That's funny right there. Nothing low capacity about you. You have more hi-cap stuff than Carter had liver pills

Be safe (and Happy New Year! I hope all is well).

Scott

(Lycoming County)

I have had a membership and shot there in the past. That has been years. I also had to join when the NRA had an Instructor's Course there.

I have a range on my property so it is tough to beat for convenience. I do still get a Family Membership at North Mountain Sportsman's www.northmt.com I have not been there in years but I do it just to support them.

Scott
    Definitely hard to beat a private setup like that. I have a range setup on my parents property, It is only 50yds though. I joined there for the longer ranges for rifle mainly. It is more convenient than making the trip to my cabin, which is an hour away.

(Clinton County)

I'm in the valley Rauchtown. Worked with your dad back in the day

(Tioga County)

I just came back from the range at LPSP. I stopped by the office to get a permit and found out the fee was waived for the remainder of 2015. I saved 20 bucks. I still completed the application and got the paper permit to hand from the rear view mirror when using the range. The fee, if any, for 2016 is undetermined.

The range wasn't busy at all. One guy was just finishing up when my wife and I pulled up. Another couple came shortly thereafter and went through about 3 mags at the pistol range and left. We stayed about an hour and I put 32 rounds through my .243 Winchester single shot.

The refurbished range is very nice. The covered shooting stations for rifle out to 100 yards kept us from baking in the sun.
    MikeP

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast