Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Good Price for Sp101

I'm looking to sell my Ruger Sp101 due to the fact that my collection is starting to get a little large. This is one of those guns that everyone should have in their collection. I'm thinking about asking for $425.

It's a 3 1/16" barrel and the hammer has been bobbed. I am including 2-Safariland speed loaders and 2-Bianchi speed strips. I have the factory plastic case, manual and original grips. I replaced them with the Hogue Monogrip.

Does that seem like a reasonable price?
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Good Price for Sp101

Only if it's $100 less than what you paid for it.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't had much luck selling any guns.

(Allegheny County)

I'm sure someone will buy that. If it were the GP-100 in blue... with the 4" barrel I'd already be considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by SigMan68 View Post
    I'm looking to sell my Ruger Sp101 due to the fact that my collection is starting to get a little large. This is one of those guns that everyone should have in their collection. I'm thinking about asking for $425.

It's a 3 1/16" barrel and the hammer has been bobbed. I am including 2-Safariland speed loaders and 2-Bianchi speed strips. I have the factory plastic case, manual and original grips. I replaced them with the Hogue Monogrip.

Does that seem like a reasonable price?
    A good way to guage prices is Gunbroker IMO. I look on there for used guns and compare them to what I'm seeing on price tags in store. 425.00 seems fair, but it's not a smokin' deal. I paid 350.00 for a LNIB stainless GP100 a year ago at a gun shop. I'd try to talk you down to 385.00 personally. The SP101 is such a fine piece, don't sell it!

(Adams County)

Too high considering the hammer was bobbed. The single action notch is still in the hammer and without a spur, the hammer can't be safely lowered down on a live round. A double action only hammer doesn't have the single action notch in it for safety reasons. That said, your gun is worth around $325 max, unless someone has a hammer they want to switch out the bobbed one with and that might get you another $25. I personally would't touch a bobbed hammer due to the lighter mass, potentially causing light hammer strikes and failure to fire issues. None of my Rugers have bobbed hammers. The SP in the pic is DAO

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigMan68 View Post
    I'm looking to sell my Ruger Sp101. This is one of those guns that everyone should have in their collection.
    Except you I guess??

J/k but 425 is too high. The speed loaders and speed strips mean nothing. The fact that you have two grips helps a little but any modification you make, even if its for the better, will cause it to have lesser value. I'd offer it at 400 but be prepared to take 350 or so.

I am buying mine new for only $50 dollars more than what you're asking. Definitely lower the price about $50-75 and you will probably find a buyer.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Carbon County)

because you bobbed the hammer, 425 is to high. also the 2 inch is more favorable then the 3 inch in that model. ask 400, be prepared to take 350

(Monroe County)

If there are non available then price is up to you but these are not hard to get right now. Davidson's has them through Boyer's for 459.00 and Defcon for 454.00 so if I were selling mine it would be asking 390.00 and taking 365.00.