Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default 2011 PSA Shootout - match video

Here's me shooting the PSA Shootout today. Great match!

Last edited by BerksCountyDave; May 23rd, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: 2011 PSA Shootout - match video

Either your super quick or that polish plate rack was very nice to you - oh wait who am i kidding your just to damm quick....
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Delaware County)

In my opinion, the carnival targets seriously diminished a great match.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

Please explain, this was only my second steel match and i assumed the Texas star /movers were a staple in steel matchs. I will be honest , i was not a giant fan of steel but i felt the moving targets added a little spice to things. Not something your going to see on your local range.

Will be shooting again next year !!!!!!!!!!!
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Delaware County)

They aren't a staple, they are a recent addition. And there is no place to practice them except at matches. The high end shooters like Dave have no problem with them. The hacks in the pack however...

(Berks County)

They aren't a staple, they are a recent addition. And there is no place to practice them except at matches. The high end shooters like Dave have no problem with them. The hacks in the pack however...
    "High end shooter"? I probably finished 40th or so. Nowhere near the top. This was the first time I've ever shot a Polish plate rack. It was fun. Geez.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post

"High end shooter"? I probably finished 40th or so. Nowhere near the top. This was the first time I've ever shot a Polish plate rack. It was fun. Geez.
    There were 372 shooters with over 600 guns according to the walk through. 40th is a high end shooter.

Of course it's fun for a guy that can clean it before it moves. I don't begrudge you your skill. You earned it. But there is no reason I shouldn't advocate for the match I fell in love with 11 years ago either.

More thoughts on the rack, depending on where the plates were it could be pretty stable. On other shooters, they were tilting the plates and jimmying the weights on the ends to get it to balance. There's a video on Enos where it starts to spin before the guy even shoots off a plate. Two guys on our squad had to stop so they could reset the thing before the buzzer because it started spinning during LAMR. It's a carnival target and it has no place in the match.

(Berks County)

I meant 40th in open auto. Not overall.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that if the organizers of the match sent emails or mailed a survey to everyone who shot the match and asked if they should bring it back next year, a strong majority would vote yes. It was fun, and different. Change isn't always a bad thing.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    I meant 40th in open auto. Not overall.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that if the organizers of the match sent emails or mailed a survey to everyone who shot the match and asked if they should bring it back next year, a strong majority would vote yes. It was fun, and different. Change isn't always a bad thing.
    I'd be interested to see the results of such a survey myself.

With 150 or so shooters in open auto, and with open auto showing the best times and usually attracting the best shooters, 40th is still high end. I guess we'll have to disagree there as well.

It was a hell of a match! I'm a crappy shooter, and I think those things are designed to challenge us. If you don't want a challenge, don't go to a match! you could shoot static steel or paper plates at your range all day. I want to be challenged by upper level shooters so I can shoot to a higher level.

It was a tough target to set up, and in that video shot by JMIS, a team member with me of Team Stony Creek, you have to remember that was thursday, while a tornado was striking downtown palmyra. So it was a bit windy.

BTW, I have been practicing at static ranges and dry firing at home for weeks to get ready for this match. I shot the PPR clean without it spinning with an iron sighted 2011 i had NEVER PICKED UP BEFORE (the gun I brought was choking on the ammo). I enjoyed it and had fun.

(also cleaned it with a shotgun later in about half the time). Remember, top 2-3-4-1 bottom 2-3-4-1. shoot fast and don't miss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast