Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Question

(Venango County)

Default Question

How is our sheriff for giving out LTCF's I am newly 21 and want to get my LTCF but was wondering if I would run into any problems? Does he usually issue them on the spot after calling for background check and do you usually get the card at the same-time?

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaL450 View Post
    How is our sheriff for giving out LTCF's I am newly 21 and want to get my LTCF but was wondering if I would run into any problems? Does he usually issue them on the spot after calling for background check and do you usually get the card at the same-time?
    Why do you feel you may run into problems because of your age?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Why do you feel you may run into problems because of your age?
    I have heard that sometimes they just dont want to give LTCF to people because they are young.

License to Carry Firearms (Concealment Permit)

If you are interested in applying for a concealment permit, please read the following guidelines and procedure:

1. You must be 21 years of age or older.

2. You must fill out the application in its entirety with current and accurate information.

3. On the application, you must provide (2) character references (NOT FAMILY MEMBERS). List their names, addresses and telephone numbers. Your references will be contacted.

4. Your picture is mandatory on the License to Carry. The Sheriff's Office will take you picture with a webcam for no additional charge.

5. Return to our office with a check, money order or cash for $25.00 and your driver's license/photo ID. Your driver’s license/photo ID must reflect your current address. If this is not the case, your application will not be accepted until you notify PENN DOT and obtain a change of address card/new license.

IF ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT COMPLETED, THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU.

NOTE: Processing of this application may take up to 45 days and may require an interview with a Deputy Sheriff, which will also include a basic background investigation. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Venango County Sheriff’s Office at 814-432-9565.

I have heard that sometimes they just dont want to give LTCF to people because they are young.
    You have heard wrong.
    You cannot be denied because of your age. The sheriff does not have that latitude.
    Even if the sheriff somehow invoked the character clause due to age it would be discrimination plain and simple.

So long as you have no criminal prohibitive offense just apply and sleep well.

You have much larger issues to concern yourself with, like which caliber to carry.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You have heard wrong.
    You cannot be denied because of your age. The sheriff does not have that latitude.
    Even if the sheriff somehow invoked the character clause due to age it would be discrimination plain and simple.

So long as you have no criminal prohibitive offense just apply and sleep well.

You have much larger issues to concern yourself with, like which caliber to carry.
    Haha and that is true I do need to figure out which caliber to carry. Thank you for your information.

(Bedford County)

I wouldn't anticipate any problems.. I got my LTCF 5 days after turning 21.. it's no big deal
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Venango County)

Didn't run into any problems and only took about 10 minutes today.

Good for you.

Be safe!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Venango County)

Happy to hear you didnt run into any trouble