Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default CZ-75b first impressions.

My brother just got a CZ-75b for his birthday. So far it seems like a great pistol. We took it out to our range for the first time yesterday and put 100 flawless rounds of WWB through it.

I was really surprised with how accurate it was. I put almost the entire mag (pulled 3 shots) in a softball sized group, from 20 yards. I was letting them off pretty quickly too, firing as soon as I regained the sight picture. I tried to duplicate this with my G26 and didn't come close.

The single action pull is very nice, and the DA is better than a lot of others I have shot. I would guess the DA was around 10lbs. The SA was probably 4lbs.

The only thing about it that I really don't care for is that the outside of the barrel and the inside of the slide are bare carbon steel. I don't understand why they didn't finish these areas. I told him to make sure he keeps a thin coat of oil on those areas. Hopefully he doesn't have any rust issues.

My brother seemed really happy with it, so I'm glad about that. This is his first pistol. He is probably going to get his LTCF next week, if only to simplify transportation.
    Last edited by marinville; April 30th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: CZ-75b first impressions.

i have one thats 4 years old, no rust issues with the inside at all. these guns are one of the best made. excellent triggers and super accurate. for the money its a no brainer.

(Montgomery County)

Glad to hear the first trip out with the CZ went well. Count on many, many more such great shooting experiences with it. My first gun was a CZ-75b (that one has about 7,000 rounds through it), and I also picked up the Cold War Commemorative Edition. As you discovered, the CZ-75b makes it very easy to be accurate. The slide riding inside the frame accounts for part of it. The weight helps. The sight picture is great, and the trigger is nice. IMO, it's hard to find a better, more durable, more reliable, or easier to shoot handgun.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Lancaster County)

Like the OP suggested to his brother, keep it properly lubed and stored correctly and there should not be any rust issues. Of course one way to make sure is to shoot it, clean and lube it, shoot it some more, repeat.

(Delaware County)

put a competition hammer and a lighter mainspring on it and it'll shoot like a dream.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty