Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Headed to Pittsburgh for the NRA convention, refresh me on the laws please..

Quote Originally Posted by bigben10 View Post
    So I'm fairly new to the ccp I got some questions please help

...first I wanna go to console and I've got my shield concealed...there are no signs on my way in the main door but I know there are metal detectors ...do I just proceed to go threw them pulling it out in public placing it in there tray with my wallet or should I just turn around I put it in my car?...

Just some clarification ...I know there are also weapon check ins at some place but how do you ask about them with out freaking some one out
    If I was you, I either wouldn't go, or I wouldn't take the firearm. What do people check for with metal detectors? They check for weapons. Why are they checking for weapons? Because they don't want them there. Try to sneak one in, then I'd say you would be trespassing. That's about a clear cut as I can see it.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Headed to Pittsburgh for the NRA convention, refresh me on the laws please..

So I'm fairly new to the ccp I got some questions please help

...first I wanna go to console and I've got my shield concealed...there are no signs on my way in the main door but I know there are metal detectors ...do I just proceed to go threw them pulling it out in public placing it in there tray with my wallet or should I just turn around I put it in my car?...

Just some clarification ...I know there are also weapon check ins at some place but how do you ask about them with out freaking some one out
    I don't think you are allowed to take a firearm into the Consol Energy Center, from their website:

Prohibited Items

No bags, back packs, air horns, cooler (hard/soft sided), thermoses, large purses, cans, bottles, flasks, alcoholic beverages, laser pointer, video or audio recording devices, professional cameras/lens, tripods, banners or signs on poles, weapons or any other items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate.

Small purses, camera cases, binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all items that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles.

(Delaware County)

If the sign is not blatantly obvious and directly in view then I think that the first notice would be when someone in authority tells you that firearms are not allowed. Then you need to leave or you will be trespassing. Of course if it is pushed and you have to go to court, remember that the the jurors idea of reasonably posted and yours may differ to your detriment
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Westmoreland County)

Perfect thank younz

(Lehigh County)

One thing different from VA that I didn't see covered was that you do not have to disarm to consume alcohol in a bar or restaurant that is not posted against guns. I'm not telling you to drink yourself drunk although if you did you wouldn't be violating any PA UFA law I ever read.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Mercer County)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I don't think you are allowed to take a firearm into the Consol Energy Center, from their website:

Prohibited Items

No bags, back packs, air horns, cooler (hard/soft sided), thermoses, large purses, cans, bottles, flasks, alcoholic beverages, laser pointer, video or audio recording devices, professional cameras/lens, tripods, banners or signs on poles, weapons or any other items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate.

Small purses, camera cases, binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all items that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles.
    Which is bullshit, because the Consol is owned and operated by the city or an agent thereof, unless something has changed. It should fall under preemption. I know they gave me a ration of shit three years ago when I open carried on the sidewalk in front of the place. Called the damn dogs in on us. I recorded it, and posted it here.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Be careful if you end up in Maryland.

(Allegheny County)

It's spelled "Yinz" and pronounced that way it looks.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Talking Re: Headed to Pittsburgh for the NRA convention, refresh me on the laws please..

Younz is plural lol

(Allegheny County)

Younz is plural lol
    Yinz is both singular and plural....such a dynamic word.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123