Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Great afternoon OC'ing..

This was all in various parts of Bloomsburg..

Granted, I was dressed in a shirt & tie so I'm sure that helped, but had my Kimber in the Serpa at 3:00.

Started off at.. well, of course, Wal-mart. Had to hit every corner of the store for things I needed, and was in there a good half-hour. Used the self-checkout and the employee that stands at the little counter in the middle was eyeing my pistol, but didn't say anything.

Then over to Petco - They're always friendly, again, not a word.

Then, down to AutoZone to drop off a core, walked around a little, and a few customers I could tell were looking, as did the manager, who knows me from coming in alot, and knows I'm not a cop. We hung out outside for a bit while he had a smoke, and I was on my way.

I gotta say, I'm finally getting more comfortable. I no longer keep my right arm at my side while walking, though my situational awareness (especially of who's behind and beside me) are unwavering. And, I'm even a little more polite, as to be "The nice guy with the gun" instead of "that asshole with the gun"

Just a great day, great weather, life is good.
    "Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional.”

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Great afternoon OC'ing..

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    This was all in various parts of Bloomsburg..

Granted, I was dressed in a shirt & tie so I'm sure that helped, but had my Kimber in the Serpa at 3:00.

Started off at.. well, of course, Wal-mart. Had to hit every corner of the store for things I needed, and was in there a good half-hour. Used the self-checkout and the employee that stands at the little counter in the middle was eyeing my pistol, but didn't say anything.

Then over to Petco - They're always friendly, again, not a word.

Then, down to AutoZone to drop off a core, walked around a little, and a few customers I could tell were looking, as did the manager, who knows me from coming in alot, and knows I'm not a cop. We hung out outside for a bit while he had a smoke, and I was on my way.

I gotta say, I'm finally getting more comfortable. I no longer keep my right arm at my side while walking, though my situational awareness (especially of who's behind and beside me) are unwavering. And, I'm even a little more polite, as to be "The nice guy with the gun" instead of "that asshole with the gun"

Thats awesome man!!!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Great afternoon OC'ing..

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    And, I'm even a little more polite, as to be "The nice guy with the gun" instead of "that asshole with the gun"

Props to you for that. Always good to be "the nice guy with the gun". Does double duty to make gun ownership seem mainstream, and implies that there are enough nice people that you have to add the additional identifier.

assholes with guns make nobody happy.