Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Political OC March in Philly to Protest PPD abuses Mark for example

Quote Originally Posted by spoonltz28 View Post
    another possible location would be in front of the Internal Affairs building in the NorthEast.

There is not a lot of civilian traffic there, but it might put pressure on the IA.
    There is ample parking in a shopping center a couple hundred yards away.
    I think at this point, it's beyond expecting a division of the police to be receptive. Pressure should come from elsewhere, such as DA or the AG, and I would strongly recommend including the AG's office as a place for protest. Other than the judiciary, this is where you can have a real effect. It's way beyond the police at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    Please give your thoughts about where, what, when and how here.

It's not a vote unless you're going to actually put your own together.

I'm taking suggestions.

I don't want even one comment on rather or not someone should carry or shouldn't carry a 20 foot long .50 cal, they can. Discussion over.

Initial thoughts
    Hold it in front of the PPD headquarters
    Hold it at city hall
    Hold it at the precinct that arrested Mark
    Hold it in front of the DA's office

March amongst these points.
    Love Park. Make sure you invite all the media, even the Spanish language news. Make sure you have plenty of visible cameras recording as well and others that are less visible.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by greggdavis View Post
    Love Park. Make sure you invite all the media, even the Spanish language news. Make sure you have plenty of visible cameras recording as well and others that are less visible.
    The PPD would probably be more scared of video cameras than OCed handguns. If this actually happens.....I'd like to attend. Maybe I'll also bring a camcorder.

I also feel the abuses of PPD need to be brought up when we visit Harrisburg on May 10. IMO the term "city of the first class" needs to be removed from the UFA.

On the north side of the PPD Headquarters (Vine St side) there is a tiny park which may be a good site for a demonstration. Approaches to and from the Ben Franklin Bridge offer places for distributing leaflets to motorists (at the traffic lights). Consider having some (or all) individuals carrying a water bottle in their holsters and some with 8"X10" copies of their LTCFs hanging front and rear like a sandwich board (even if they are not OCing). I think it reduces the RAS for a pedestrian stop. Those two suggestions would confuse the heck out of the PPD. Alert the press, call the precinct and the Civil Disobedience Squad.

(Philadelphia County)

I think either in front of or across the street from the 8th District since that is who jacked up Mark.

I think that is Walton Run Park that runs right to the Corner across the street. There also appears to be a nice lawn in front of the 8th District.

We can educate the officers on the Law regarding OC in Philadelphia.

Count me In.

(Cambria County)

My advice would be to assemble wearing cover then once there are enough of you, remove the cover and proceed to OC. I have the feeling that if you all arrive at different times you will be picked off one by one. Better to catch them by surprise.

just my 2 cents

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    My advice would be to assemble wearing cover then once there are enough of you, remove the cover and proceed to OC. I have the feeling that if you all arrive at different times you will be picked off one by one. Better to catch them by surprise.

just my 2 cents
    probably a good idea.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lawrence County)

I wouldn't mind traveling 4 miles from Jersey if I didn't live 4 miles from Ohio... lol

I like the idea of doing it in front of Internal Affairs, holding it at mid-day, and transitioning from CC to OC (long gun carriers, well, do what you wanna do). I think starting at like 10a and going to 2p should give plenty of time to be noticed and leave plenty of time for the media to get interviews from the police and Mayor after the fact. Plus, it would give people time to get home to record the 5 o`clock news...

I'm not crazy about blowing up and posting a LTCF all over your body. Even if you blacked the personal information out, I don't think it would be a good idea, just a personal opinion...

Keep me informed!

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Northampton County)

If we want to really make a point (and piss off the police - which I am totally down for), I think holding it outside the precinct that arrested Viper would be the best choice.

City Hall would be the most symbolic and could generate some good media buzz if that's what we're going for.

(Bucks County)

Whatever the location that is decided on, I suggest either you have a old gun that you don't like or buy a cheap one. If the PPD confiscates your gun, which we have found here they like to do, you might never see it again.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast