Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: King Shooter's Supply

Quote Originally Posted by KingShootersSupply View Post
    Hi ArmyVet-

Sorry for missing this post, apparently I'm not getting the email alerts to this thread anymore. Regardless, I have a few questions for you about your purchase.

Was it with cash or credit card? If it was a credit card, is your card signed? If not, that would be why you were asked for ID. We ask for ID on all unsigned credit cards as a store policy.

And just to clarify, we do not ask for ID for someone to purchase bullets, unless they appear to be under 21 as federal law prohibits the sale of ammunition that is not for a rifle or shotgun to an individual under the age of 21.

-Adam
    Bullets or ammunition? The law covers ammunition.

(Lancaster County)

PM sent to KSS.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Bullets or ammunition? The law covers ammunition.
    Bullets are ammunition. Assuming this in 18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions is the operative definition:

(17)
    (A)The term “ammunition” means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

I received a voicemail from Pat at KSS and the issue had been resolved - their purchase policy is as stated in a previous post.
    The sales clerk made a mistake by asking for ID.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Bullets are ammunition. Assuming this in 18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions is the operative definition:
    And so they are. Wow. What a world we live in. Inert lumps of base metal become "ammunition" through the stroke of a pen.

(Montgomery County)

Just a note to you guys subscribed to this thread we are currently offering $50 a SilencerCo Sparrow when you purchase ANY threaded barrel .22lr firearm. Sparrows are usually $439.

(Delaware County)

Does King stock black powder (or Pyrodex) and/or percussion caps?

I've been a customer of Kings for a few years and I have gotten to know Pat and Roger over the years. Today, after I met with a PAFOA member, I stopped in at Kings since I don't visit the shop as often. The manager that looked at my trade in was such a dick to me. Everytime I asked a question it was a short dickish reply from him. There was a rifle I wanted, but the experience with this guy just turned me off.

Especially when you consider that most folks buy their firearms online and have them shipped to a LGS. I didn't catch the guys name, but he had a shitty personality.

I think I'll stick with East Coast Ammo in Gilbertsville as Phil is a nice guy...the shop is tiny and cost me a little more for transfer, but the experience is much better.

Sorry, Pat and Roger, but your bald headed manager isn't doing you any favors with customers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I've been a customer of Kings for a few years and I have gotten to know Pat and Roger over the years. Today, after I met with a PAFOA member, I stopped in at Kings since I don't visit the shop as often. The manager that looked at my trade in was such a dick to me. Everytime I asked a question it was a short dickish reply from him. There was a rifle I wanted, but the experience with this guy just turned me off.

Especially when you consider that most folks buy their firearms online and have them shipped to a LGS. I didn't catch the guys name, but he had a shitty personality.

I think I'll stick with East Coast Ammo in Gilbertsville as Phil is a nice guy...the shop is tiny and cost me a little more for transfer, but the experience is much better.

Sorry, Pat and Roger, but your bald headed manager isn't doing you any favors with customers.
    Hmmm, strange things are afoot at King's. A lot of people I talk to rave about King's. BUT, I too haven't been impressed. Maybe I just go in on the wrong day. One particular time I stopped in because I saw a great price advertised in their weekly reload newsletter (Oct. 2017, Issue # 167) for a Springfield EMP 4" Champion 9mm. When I mentioned the advertisement and the gun, the gentlemen behind the counter looked like he had no idea what I was talking about. He handed me something else - at least it was a Springfield and stated, "Well, he have this for a decent price." I was nice and looked at it, but I wasn't interested, I was looking for the gun they had advertised. I think I may have even pulled up the newsletter on my phone to show the employee. (Memory is fading) So, when I inquired about the gun I wanted, it's availability and if the price was still valid, after talking with the "Manager," I was told they didn't have any in stock and the price was no longer applicable. I swear when I read the advertisement, I didn't see any disclaimer or anything about, "Limited to Quantities in Stock" or "After Rebate" or "Special One Day Only Sale" or anything to that effect. No explanation as to why that price was no longer valid. I'm still a little confused if I missed something.

I'm just not impressed with their customer service, especially if you advertise an item and the employees do not know anything about it. But, like I mentioned above, a lot of people I know shop there and tell me about the wonderful customer service they get. I just haven't seen it.

(Montgomery County)

Aubie515-Obviously not the thing we'd like to have happen - thanks for letting us know. I will certainly have a conversation with our guys. Sorry we missed you - I know your user name from here, it would have been nice to have your name and face to go with your PAFOA persona- please ask for me next time you're in.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast