Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Opinions wanted.

I saw this story tonight on Fox news. It is a video of a transsexual getting beaten in a McDonald's. A friend and I were talking about this and I brought up the point would you guys draw to stop this fight. To me it appears to be more than one on one a few times. I even caught one woman basically curb stomping the victim. I know if I was the victim in this situation I would be in fear for my life. So, the question is what would you guys do, or how would you react if you saw something like this happening.

Here is the video.

Default Re: Opinions wanted.

The attackers were 15 and 18 yr old females....sort of hard to justify without at least trying something else.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Wayne County)

My LTCF states for PROTECTION not gun fight. Hopefully the two women will get just more than jail time. Civil suit will follow them.

(Montgomery County)

If I would have been there, I would have pushed the victim into the bathroom and then stood guard in front of the bathroom door and called 911.

If I were subsequently attacked by the little animal thug-ettes, I would have responded accordingly.

BTW - is this being treated as a hate crime??

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post

BTW - is this being treated as a hate crime??
    It damn well better be.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    My LTCF states for PROTECTION not gun fight. Hopefully the two women will get just more than jail time. Civil suit will follow them.
    For what assets?
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(York County)

"What would I do?", was my first question upon seeing this brutal beat down. Gotta say, not really sure. It was clear the victim had no thought of defending herself (himself?) from the start. After it had progressed, there was no hope of a response in her own interest, she was out of it. Personally, I feel the vic could have easily been killed and some sort of intervention should have happened. What sickened me was the cavalier attitude of others, including the idiot who videoed and commented. That an old lady was the only one to attempt anything is beyond belief. Without more info, it would be hard to justify a shoot without some other less-lethal intervention. Given the obvious lack of humanity of the perpetrators, anything done to intervene would be an escalation.

I know what I felt like doing (cleansing the gene pool!). What do other's say?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    That an old lady was the only one to attempt anything is beyond belief.
    I hope that manager that stepped in towards the beginning still has his job. Sadly employers don't like their 'drones' stepping out of line and intervening in situation like this(insurance reasons?).

AS for pulling in the defense of this person, maybe? Did the attackers have weapons? Escalating to having a weapon involved even though it may have put a stop to it still may not have ended up well. Somehow the way a lot of gun related incidents get blown out of proportion 'you' would be the bad guy for drawing on 14/15yo(if that's what they were) unarmed girls.

The other possibility would have been, did the attackers have any 'friends' outside that possibly could have been armed. Alot of variables in any situation like this and constantly changing.

I probably would have stepped in but as far as drawing, gray area.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    For what assets?
    EBT card....

(Allegheny County)

I absolutely would have drawn for this, this is disgusting, the fact the people working there did nothing to intervene is terrifying, and the exact reason I carry. The manager did a piss poor job trying to help this poor girl/boy, doesn't matter if you support the victims life choices, it matters they are still human beings, if it took drawing a gun to save another persons life, even with legal consequences, that's everyone with a guns duty. I may be mistaken but I'm fairly sure the law allows deadly force is able to be used when protecting someone who does not have the ability to retreat or protect themselves, and this poor person didn't.
    - Josh -

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast