Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Federal Agents Raid Local Business (D&R)

I've bought from both of these stores for years and can't imagine the things they are accused of doing.

Federal Agents Raid Local Business

The owners of D and R Sports Center in Nanticoke are accused of supplying weapons to internationally known fugitives and terrorists. Federal agents spent the day sweeping through the business, armed with a search warrant. The following is a transcript of Joe Holden`s 11 p.m. story.

Forty plus federal agents continue to search high and low at the D and R Sports Center in Nanticoke. They say they`re looking for evidence to substantiate claims this business was funneling weapons, ammuniton and tactical equipment to terrorist organizations.

Dozens of federal investigators have been in and out D and R Sports Center all day. In a 35-page Federal Search Warrant, the United States government maintains massive amounts of weapons were illegally exported by D and R owners. Placed in the hands of a Liberian Dictator, Rwandan Rebel Forces, former K-G-B agents and the Taliban.

Court papers allege the business that has a second location in Bloomsburg, made hundreds of thousands of dollars, money that was wired from violent overseas regimes right into a Central Pennsylvania Bank Account. Officials say false paperwork accompanied the illegal shipments to cover-up what was inside.

"That is not true. That`s not true."

Retired owner Don Komoroski would not speak on camera.
    He, his two sons, Mark and Theodore Komoroski and an employee are named in the search warrant.

A spokesman with the Department of Homeland security says there have been no arrests yet. Neighbors are appalled.

Joan Urbanski
    Nanticoke, says

"It would upset any true american, any one who is patriotic.
    I`m just totally shocked.
    I can`t believe it."

Leon Simoncavage
    Nanticoke says

"I know they have a catalog busienss all over the world they say, I thought it was all sporting good...
    Does he realize who he`s selling it to, I wonder?"

Investigators say one of D and R`s customers was convicted felon John Tanis. The Wyoming County man was arrested in 2005 on charges he was importing weapons from Russia.
    This video is from 1998, when Tanis was initally convicted on weapons offenses.
    Neighbors hope this is all a misunderstanding.

Joan Urbanski adds..
    "Maybe this kind of investigation will clear them, that this was just a big mistake."

To reiterate, the owner of D and R Sports center says he`s been a good neighbor here for more than 40 years and still doesn`t really know what`s going on.

In the meantime, the investigation continues.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Federal Agents Raid Local Business (D&R)

Sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

(Cambria County)

Fishing expedition? More like out and out harassment! Probably hoping that after finding NOTHING, the bad publicity will drive them out of business.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

It all started in gun shows, harassing the clients then trying to prove straw purchases. Now they just go to the local store and do it, better yet, since it takes time to catch some one doing a purchase like that, they actualy set it up and record it. who is the real "outlaw" there?
    Can any one spell the word entrapment?
    Its been done at other levels and no one complains much of it, we all look at "to catch a predator", then say silly boy, you should not go in a chat room and chat with stacy13! but is it not entrapment? The clerk who operates the local conveniance store knows there is a sign on the counter saying you have to be a certain age to buy cigarettes. He knows its going to the younger kids when one older kid buys them and 5 other kids are around giggling. Is that not a straw purchase? Do we bust adults who buy cigarettes of even beer for kids? Nooo that would be too hard, we send in agents who dont look like they are of legal age, then if the clerk sells to them, we bust the store for selling to a minor. They even show reports from time to time where they pay a local kid to try and buy cigarettes.

You all think it starts with assult weapons? Naaa it starts with every time the govt. decides they can break the law to catch some one. In my eyes, if the govt. asks a kid to go inside a store to buy a pack of cigarettes, hands him $10 to buy with, its entrapment.
    If an officer or worst yet, a TV station goes on the internet and acts out to get attention from an adult, invites them to a meeting place then does an arrest, its entrapment and worst yet.
    Little woman stands on the street corner and wears almost nothing its called prostitution, but if it happens to be a police woman trying to entrap a potential client, its called legal? Come On! We all heard stories of this being done, they show us on TV how clever they are doing it. Same principle as when they do a bust on a gun shop, You can be pretty sure there is a trap set for them.
    Are the authorities stopiing crime, or creating it? That is the real question here.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Wow, Excellent Post Frenchy. Totally agree.

I too have shopped at D&R...I just don't see those people selling to criminals, but who knows. Keep us posted on what's happening with this story, Steve.

(Berks County)

If they did, I'm willing to bet they weren't aware of it.

Look at the spate of lawsuits against dealers for selling guns involved in crime. Somehow because it is "GUNS" the dealer is responsible for illegal activity if when at the time of the sale the law was followed?

Imagine going after car dealers for every automotive death due to some idiot behind the wheel doing something illegal (like an idiot holding a gun doing something illegal) wouldn't be to many car dealers around now would there?

The way I see it ....IT IS STARTING, get ready for more.

(Luzerne County)

i am sure these EVIL orginizations cant wait to get there semi auto assault rifles. I guess its cheaper buying them from an ffl here, getting them shipped overseas than purchasing from a local orginization.........

they should go after real criminals.........

(Luzerne County)

I've known the guys there for 20+ years and have been going there since I had to walk a mile to get there (to young to drive). Mark and Sammy are straight Shooters and I can't imagine them knowingly doing anything like this.

(Montgomery County)

There just isn't enough information for anyone to really make a judgement call here on what happened.

However, this could be a foundation for the one a month bill.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast