Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default NRA 2011 Annual Meeting Exhibits - Fri. April 29th - Sun. May 1st

If you've ever wanted to talk directly to a manufacturer and can't go to SHOT, this is the place.

List of exhibitors:

http://www.nraam.org/exhibitors/exhibitors_listing.html

Please keep in mind that firearms and ammunition cannot be sold at the NRA Show (orders for these items may be taken at the Show for later delivery).

NRA home page:

http://www.nraam.org/

Exhibit home page:

http://www.nraam.org/exhibitors/exhibitors_main.html

Convention Center home page:

http://www.pittsburghcc.com/cc/

David L. Lawrence Convention Center
    1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15222

April 29 - May 1, 2011

Show Hours:

April 29, 2011 (Friday) 9:00am - 6:00pm
    April 30, 2011 (Saturday) 9:00am - 6:00pm
    May 1, 2011 (Sunday) 10:00am - 5:00pm

The David L. Lawrence Convention Center raises the bar to a new level for meeting and exhibit space, services and amenities. Located in the hub of Pittsburgh's cultural, business and entertainment district, the Center effectively blends unparalleled functionality with cutting-edge technology to offer meeting planners, exhibitors and attendees an unforgettable meeting experience.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: NRA 2011 Annual Meeting Exhibits - Fri. April 29th - Sun. May 1st

Does anyone know how much is it for my wife to get into exhibits since she doesnt have NRA membership

(Fayette County)

Glad to see Sig's going to be there.

I need to get a few things off my mind.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by winchester70 View Post
    Does anyone know how much is it for my wife to get into exhibits since she doesnt have NRA membership

I don't know the answer to your question. If you have time tomorrow, you could give them a call and ask.

NRA Annual Meeting Events

Call 1-877-672-7632.

Exhibit Hall

The 2011 NRA Show features over 500 of the most spectacular displays of firearms, shooting and hunting accessories in the world! Bring the whole family because with over 310,000 square feet of exhibit space, there's something for everyone. You can book the hunt of a lifetime in our exclusive hunting outfitter section or see priceless collections of firearms in our gun collector area. You'll see the full product line from every major firearm company in the country plus knives, wildlife art, shooting accessories, hunting gear, ATV's, and much more.

http://www.nraam.org/events/exhibit_hall.html

(Beaver County)

This show was absolutely fantastic! Every gun I've thought about buying for the last few years was there and I got to fondle them all! I just can't say enough good things about this show. Found a God' A Grip stock cheek pads here and bought one for my Remington. Great purchase and the people were really nice too. I wish I would've got one for my Benelli too. Check them out at the show or on their website!

http://store.godagrip.com/merchant2/...Store_Code=TME

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by winchester70 View Post
    They sent me an envelope in the mail for four guest passes to the convention for non-NRA members. I plan on heading downtown tomorrow morning, so I'll bring my NRA membership card and one of the guest passes for my wife.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Fayette County)

Well, Im pissed.
    I cant find my NRA card anywhere.

I have plenty of mail from them I could bring to show that I am a current member.

Any ideas?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Butler County)

The show was great. Too much for just one day. I am going back tomorrow.

Immediate family members can get in free with your membership. They also said they were able to look-up you membership if you don't have a card.

Here is also something I got from the NRA when I e-mailed them a question.

Access to the Convention Center and vendor displays is free for NRA Members. Members may bring their immediate family (spouse/dependant children 18 and under) as their guests free of charge. Adult children, siblings or friends must be current Members or sign up at the Membership booth at the Convention Center.

In order to attend, you must provide proof of membership. Bringing a valid NRA membership card or the label from your monthly NRA publication will provide sufficient proof. If you recently joined and haven't received your membership card or a magazine you can print the "View Your Membership" page at:

https://www.nramemberservices.org/Default.asp. Non-members may join at the convention center.

(Berks County)

In the morning, traffic was in a gridlock around the convention center and parking was unavailable. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't drive within three blocks of the convention center. I ended up paying $12 to park and was glad just to be able to get out of my car and into the show.

The show was fabulous, as mentioned above. Every manufacturer I could think of was there with many of their products.

I started with Voodoo Tactical on the ground floor, then went to LaRue and LWRC, which were next to each other. Made for an easy comparison between the OBR and the R.E.P.R.

AAC had their 300 Blackout and a bunch of dummy suppressors to look at. There was also Geissele Automatics and H&M Metal Processing. I'd love to send H&M a few stainless parts in to have the Black Nitride process done to them, inside and out.

Almost every vendor had special prices or a code you could enter on their website for a show discount. Everyone was also giving out free catalogs and swag. Condor was there too. Don't remember the rest downstairs. Lots of collections on display too!

Went upstairs to see the big displays. Started with Beretta, then FNH USA for the Scar 17. FN's shooting team was there too. Entered their contest to win a 3 gun setup. Stopped at Hornady and Federal for awhile, then on to Crimson Trace, LaserMax, Swarovski and Euro Optic.

Blaser USA was there with some incredible rifles and Shiloh Sharps too. Cabela's had some coupons. Passed through Springfield Armory, Remington, Glock (R. Lee Ermey), Benelli, Aimpoint and EOTech too. Nightforce was there too, of course. HK and Kimber were just quick stops, along with Colt, Smith & Wesson and Barrett. Brownells was there with a free $10 gift card. Blackhawk had a bunch of new stuff.

I missed as many as I mentioned above and don't remember all the others I stopped at. Didn't really have enough time there, but my bag was still way too heavy by the end. Would definitely go back if I was local. Would even check out some of the meetings and seminars.

Would highly recommend the exhibits to anyone within 100 miles or so.
    Last edited by xotech; April 30th, 2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Added a few more

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by xotech View Post
    In the morning, traffic was in a gridlock around the convention center and parking was unavailable. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't drive within three blocks of the convention center. I ended up paying $12 to park and was glad just to be able to get out of my car and into the show.

The show was fabulous, as mentioned above. Every manufacturer I could think of was there with many of their products.

I started with Voodoo Tactical on the ground floor, then went to LaRue and LWRC, which were next to each other. Made for an easy comparison between the OBR and the R.E.P.R.

AAC had their 300 Blackout and a bunch of dummy suppressors to look at. There was also Geissele Automatics and H&M Metal Processing. I'd love to send H&M a few stainless parts in to have the Black Nitride process done to them, inside and out.

Almost every vendor had special prices or a code you could enter on their website for a show discount. Everyone was also giving out free catalogs and swag. Condor was there too. Don't remember the rest downstairs. Lots of collections on display too!

Went upstairs to see the big displays. Started with Beretta, then FNH USA for the Scar 17. FN's shooting team was there too. Entered their contest to win a 3 gun setup. Stopped at Hornady and Federal for awhile, then on to Crimson Trace, Swarovski and Euro Optic.

Blaser USA was there with some incredible rifles and Shiloh Sharps too. Cabela's had some coupons. Passed through Springfield Armory, Remington, Glock (R. Lee Ermey), Benelli and EOTech too. Nightforce was there too, of course. H&K and Kimber were just quick stops, along with Colt and Smith & Wesson. Brownells was there with a free $10 gift card. Blackhawk had a bunch of new stuff.

I missed as many as I mentioned above and don't remember all the others I stopped at. Didn't really have enough time there, but my bag weighed about 35 pounds by the end. Would definitely go back if I was local. Would even check out some of the meetings and seminars.

Would highly recommend the exhibits to anyone within 100 miles or so.
    I attempted to make it there ... but I was locked in the gridlock at 1130 and after a hour finding no parking or being able to get moving, I gave up and got out of dodge before rush hour traffic set in. I figured with that much traffic in town, getting out would be much worse later in the afternoon. Local news had reports of the gridlock. I will try again later.... maybe Sunday.
    Last edited by PAVTXER; April 30th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast