Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: NRA 2011 Annual Meeting Exhibits - Fri. April 29th - Sun. May 1st

Quote Originally Posted by PAVTXER View Post
    I attempted to make it there ... but I was locked in the gridlock at 1130 and after a hour finding no parking or being able to get moving, I gave up and got out of dodge before rush hour traffic set it. I figured with that much traffic in town, getting out would be much worse later in teh afternoon. Local news had reports of the gridlock. I will try again later.... maybe Sunday.
    Trust me, it will be better on the weekends. Friday was also a work day, so you had everyone going and getting out of the workplace.

I might just take a Taxi tomorrow from the south hills. Probably would cost the same as parking and less hassle.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Trust me, it will be better on the weekends. Friday was also a work day, so you had everyone going and getting out of the workplace.

I might just take a Taxi tomorrow from the south hills. Probably would cost the same as parking and less hassle.
    I am leaving Bethel Park area at 745.....

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I am leaving Bethel Park area at 745.....
    What are you staying up all night too?
    I know damn well if I go to bed now, I wont get there till noon.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Woke up to pee. Staying with my folks and having trouble falling ba k asleep on the couch. My wife and kids have all the spare beds!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Woke up to pee. Staying with my folks and having trouble falling ba k asleep on the couch. My wife and kids have all the spare beds!
    I cracked a tooth wide open tonight and it feels like I got half of my face blown off.

Of course this happens on a weekend when no dentist on earth is open. lol

Ah well, the guns tomorrow will keep my mind off of it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Glad to see Sig's going to be there.

I need to get a few things off my mind.

Care to share specifics?
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

(Allegheny County)

Parking was pretty bad as well. We ended up parking across the river in a lot but mulligans wake, bar and pub and walking over. If i go again, i will go park real early before the show and get breakfast somwehere. It was def wortht he trip. It great to be able to check out the products first hand before you look into buying.

(Allegheny County)

I parked at the garage between PNC Park and Heinz Field; walked there and took the shuttle back. Traffic was too ridiculous to try and do anything else and today is going to be much, much worse. Missed Ted Nugent but he should be there all day today. Saw R. Lee Ermey and Newt Gingrich. Oh, and saw a nice gun or two. I want a BAR from Ohio Ordnance Works sooooooo bad!

Oh, and Ricochet: they'll help you find your membership info and get in without the card. It'll just take a little longer.

(Butler County)

I went yesterday in the late morning and after a failed attempt to park by the convention center, I got smart and parked in the Strip. For people coming in from out of town, there's a region of Pittsburgh called The Strip District - a section of the city that is known for local shops, fresh produce markets, etc. There's a huge open-air parking lot between 11th and 21st Streets, accessed from Smallman St. Additionally, there's a number of smaller lots from 21st to 31st street accessed from Smallman St. and Penn Ave. Don't come in from downtown! If you can, take Route 28 to the 40st Bridge, make a right on Butler St. once across (first traffic light) and go west to the 5-way intersection with 34th St. and Penn Ave. You can go onto Penn and in or make a right onto 34th and a left onto Smallman. I parked yesterday at the lot at 23rd and Smallman and it was about a 10 minute walk to the convention center. There were a good number of spaces left at ~ 10:45AM yesterday, and that's including fighting the workers for parking.
    Last edited by Argentum; April 30th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Ok I didn't go today... weather was too nice and I needed to get on the bike and socialize with other friends on bikes. What was the status today?? How was it?

Tomorrow I will be trying to head there or to the Gun Show in Monroeville... or both depending on how things go.

Feedback please.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast