Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Sheriff re election

I am requesting again for your support this year for my re election to the position of Sheriff. I totally support the second amendment and have been an NRA member and police firearms instructor over 30 years. Our permit cost is $25 as set by law. I am NFA friendly and have signed numerous NFA applications. On the other side of the office, I have cut out vehicles and also positions for a savings to the taxpayer of a quarter of a million dollars in my first 3 years in office. My door is open to all.
    Sheriff Charwin Reichelderfer
    Bedford County

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Sheriff re election

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    I am requesting again for your support this year for my re election to the position of Sheriff. I totally support the second amendment and have been an NRA member and police firearms instructor over 30 years. Our permit cost is $25 as set by law. I am NFA friendly and have signed numerous NFA applications. On the other side of the office, I have cut out vehicles and also positions for a savings to the taxpayer of a quarter of a million dollars in my first 3 years in office. My door is open to all.
    Sheriff Charwin Reichelderfer
    Bedford County
    Count me in! Do you know (without mud slinging- that is not your style ) what are some of Stuby's positions? He will not returm my calls. That speaks for itself!
    Just as an FYI Sherrif R, I did not know you were running again, as I have only seen 1 yard sign for you recently while Stuby has roughly 2 million and thet ungodly display on his vehicle!
    Thank you for your service and good luck. As I said, you can count on me!

Richard K

(Bedford County)

Trying to keep costs down. Politics is very expensive to run for office, which is a shame. Both of us will get our prospective party nod in primary election. The fall election is where one of us is elected and ads will be more prevalent and a lot more money spent. Stuby basically wants to go back to how it was before my election. I am of the opinion we must stop spending unneccesary money and keep the office as cost effective as I am now doing. Thanks for the support!
    Reich

(Adams County)

How do you feel about the Constables in your county? One way to keep your costs down is to allow the Elected Constables do their fair share of the work. In my own county, I am told that the Sheriff is always trying to expand his department and add more deputies, which of course costs more.

One thing he did do is get a donated school bus and now most of the MDJ hearings are held at Central Court and the bus transports a dozen prisoners from the jail using only two deputies. It took money from the Constables that were doing most of the transports, but it probably is more efficient.

How do you feel about patrolling on horseback?
    Last edited by djturnz; May 2nd, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Jefferson County)

Good luck on your bid for re-election.

I'm not a resident down there, but I'm in the area every once in a while.

The only thing I'd ask of you is to do private transfers of "firearms"(handguns) for those 18-<21 since you are allowed to do them legally and since FFL's cannot do them due to federal law. There wouldn't be a conflict in interest or taking business from local dealers since they cannot do them.

Doing these transfers that FFL's can't do would look good towards your pro-gun nature.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 2nd, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: damn typos!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bedford County)

We have one constable for county. Some others come into area to help. The only prisoners that we move are for our criminal central court. Summary court/Magistrate hearings are for the arresting officer to do. I gave that back to the police as I did when I was one. Our constable is responsible for the rest of Magistrate's work. I cut 10 deputy slots and do more with less. Spending has to be curtailed somewhere. That was my stance from my first thoughts of running. The horse patrol...I don't think my back/body could take it.

(Bedford County)

I'll look into the 18-21 transfer. I am not familiar with it at all.

(Jefferson County)

I'll look into the 18-21 transfer. I am not familiar with it at all.
    Coolness.. I know the last time I addressed it with you that you were concerned about taking business from local dealers. With you doing it for 18 to <21 for private transfers you wouldn't, but you'd still be providing a service that is within the scope of the law and not stepping on any dealer's feet.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

We have one constable for county. Some others come into area to help. The only prisoners that we move are for our criminal central court. Summary court/Magistrate hearings are for the arresting officer to do. I gave that back to the police as I did when I was one. Our constable is responsible for the rest of Magistrate's work. I cut 10 deputy slots and do more with less. Spending has to be curtailed somewhere. That was my stance from my first thoughts of running. The horse patrol...I don't think my back/body could take it.
    Wow, I see that your county only has 4 Constables, and none are firearm certified.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Bedford County)

Only 2 are active constables. One part time the other near retirement. A new guy , a retired LEO is in process on being certified and wants to be active. Our county is large land mass wise. We have our moments here but not wild as some places. As for the 18-21 transfers I just don't know about the subject, plain truth. I will look into same when the smoke clears from the primary election.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast