Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Re: Sheriff re election

Thanks for support. I hope there are Bedford County voters on here who are silent and can spread the word.

(Bedford County)

Thanks to the voters in the county. I was impressed and humbled by the support!! Hope all holds well for November election.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    Thanks to the voters in the county. I was impressed and humbled by the support!! Hope all holds well for November election.
    I'm guessing you made the primaries.. ...good luck in November!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bedford County)

Yes, I made it to the November elections. I did very well in the primary and hope the vote holds. Round two coming up. Again thanks for the support!

(Bedford County)

I'm interested here. I live in Bedford county and wonder why I should vote for you? I mean this in the most respectful way possible of course.
    Last edited by Zakesque; June 12th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish.

(Bedford County)

Here goes. I worked for Bedford PD for about 34 years,was firearms instructor,OIC,Sergeant, one of the county's first K-9 handlers, and wound up Chief of police. I have over 25 years of administrative experience which includes extensive experience in manpower deployment and budgeting. In my first term as sheriff I eliminated about 10 deputy positions through attrition. I also eliminated 4 vehicles and currently have 7 vehicles including a transport van. I eliminated programs that were not cost efficent and argueably politically correct to keep. I do not have patrols or investigate crimes. The Pa. law currently is not worded for sheriff's to have police powers. The have been several appelate court decisions to limit said powers according to the law. I abide by the law as it currently stands. I do however have several deputies crossed trained as county detectives which is lawful and support the drug task force. After several failed attempts I was a driving factor to get the task force started. I have cut costs ,turned in to the county approx.$250,000 the first 3 years in office. If I am lucky enough to get re elected a second term I am not seeking any more terms in office past that. Do you have any specific questions?

(Lancaster County)

It's already been said but bears repeating; I am sincerely impressed that you have come to this forum and offered to answer any questions your potential voters may have for you. Bigfoot and politicians are equally absent from any online discussion I've ever seen.
    Johnnie F.

(Bedford County)

Sheriff,

What is your policy on renewing License to Carry Firearms permits to Active Duty Military who are not able to return to the County by the expiration date?

I've held a License to Carry Firearms permit since completing Municipal Police Academy training in 1995. After enlisting in 1997, I've been able to return to the County to renew my license. I am now stationed in Hawaii and don't expect to return before the expiration date.

Thank you for your time and service to the Community.

Ryan

(Bedford County)

Ryan,
    Unfortunately LTC process is face to face. I have heard of mail in processes by other sherrifs,but all were required to stop that process.,This aparently is to stifle bogus LTC applicants. I don't know of anything to assist you until you make it back.The process currently takes about 10 minutes or less depending on PICS processing speed. From one vet to another, thank you for your service.
    Reich

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    This aparently is to stifle bogus LTC applicants
    I didn't realize this was an issue...???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast