APRIL 30th + MAY 1st
    HOURS: SAT 0900- 1700
    SUN 0900 - 1500

500 TABLES
    FREE PARKING
    ADMISSION: $7.00

GUNS - AMMO - MILITARY SURPLUS - KNIVES - ANTIQUES
    EAGLE ARMS PRODUCTIONS

This venue has the potential to go 1500+ tables.
    I was at the last one (two years ago?)....pretty good show from what I can remember!

Hopefully Eagle Arms will turn this one into a GREAT one like Lebanon.

There are tons and tons of parking spaces & it's in a very "safe" section of the city...well, it's actually on the very outskirts.

(Berks County)

Default Re: READING EXPO GUN SHOW

I'll be there.

as a Reading resident and new gun owner/advocate, I am excited to see what my home-town show can/will produce... I can also verify that it is in a pretty decent section of the city (near Albright College).

look forward to it.

(Chester County)

2525 N12th St

Ahhh, yes. The old Western Electric/AT&T Microelectronics/Lucent Technolgies plant where I worked many years. You will be OK, it is NOT in run-down downtown Reading.

And if you finish the show, and still want to shop, I recommend "Guntraders" on 3201 Pottsville Pike (Route 61) just 2 miles away.

(Berks County)

I was there earlier today. Was ok to kill some time but same old higher prices. More cheap knives than guns....got some sks stripped clips but that's it. Aks all had canted sights and ars to expensive.

(Montgomery County)

I am not sure what every one is looking for but there where plenty of guns to buy! my son just got his carry permit and got a good deal on a new s&w body-guard!! and i got a nice used inline remington cheap!! I will be going back to this one!!

Thumbs up Re: READING EXPO GUN SHOW

Just got back from the show. It was actually pretty damn good....to me anyway. Took my 10 year old boy (he is showing more and more interest).

I traded in a Colt .22LR "Official Police" Revolver circa 1940. It was in 85% condition. Taylor Farm gave me a pretty good deal. I picked up a Sig 226Elite 9mm and a nib Henry .22LR shortie lever action from them for the deal. Half trade/half cash. I was very happy. Owner was a really decent guy.

The beef jerky/knife guy was really kind to my son. Gave him a great deal on a knife, some free foreign paper money and 2 for 1 on any beef jerky stuff.
    Very nice guy.

What else.....Digital Grey 3 day back pack for $30 (Guy was willing to deal).

AK47 bayonet for $7.00 (dark red bakelite grips) and lastly a box of modern Tokarev ammo.

Based on everyone's comments, I almost did not go. But I am glad that I went. No hussle and bustle, some vendors were really willing to deal and my boy had an excellent time.

Can't wait to shoot the Sig
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; May 1st, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: READING EXPO GUN SHOW

i actually thought that this past Reading Gun Show was pretty d*mn good... i didnt purchase anything other than ammo for my Mosin, but, they had tons of nice hunting rifles, AR's, AK's, SKS's, they even had a Galil (i had not seen one in a while); as well as large variety of shotguns, all of which seemed to be extremely reasonable in both price and condition.

i am yet to make it to a Show in/around the PA area where the pistol selection was both "vast" and "cheap"... it always seems like the tags are spot on with internet pricing and/or your local gunshops & gunsmiths. maybe it is just me, but- i'd much rather purchase a pistol NEW, with a warranty, from a retailer/outdoor store than pay $10 less at a show and never really be sure until you rattle off a couple rounds... i guess that is just my $.02

and finally, can i just say that it has great potential for future shows: i mean, it literally could have been 2 or 3 times the size if they really wanted (i.e. assuming that both sellers and buyers show up). the floorspace is absolutely GIGANTIC.

i hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i did, and hopefully we can get some more people to come outta' the woodwork next time.