Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Ruger LCP .380 Yes or No?

Just wondering if any of you folks have, or have messed with the Ruger LCP in .380. I've tossed around the idea of getting one for concealed carry. My snub nose .357 is just a little to heavy and bulky for carring everywhere. let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!
    Obama hates me. White, male, employed, heterosexual, gun owner.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP .380 Yes or No?

Yes have one and yes would recommend it.

(Bucks County)

Yes....Love mine!!!!

(Carbon County)

its a good summer carry. they shoot good enough for self defense. if you like it, go for it.

(Beaver County)

Messed with a friends LCP. It was ok for me. Nice carry gun but not so fun for me to target shoot. Even though its a 380 that little plastic gun can be alot to hold on to. Im more of a p238 sig fan but the lcp is half the price. I'd say go for it.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I've had one for years (mine is the early model that was recalled). It took a while to figure out which ammo it liked and to get used to racking the slide properly. After working out some of the early kinks, I love it. It's extremely concealable; I wear it IWB when I'm wearing shorts with an elastic waistband in the summer. Essentially, there is never a time when I can't easily conceal it, and that makes it a better choice (for me) than one of my 45s that would get left at home due to weight/bulk. It's not exactly fun to shoot but that's to be expected based on its size. And now that the prices have come down it's an even better deal.

Pros: light weight, very concealable, decent price, Ruger stands behind it with good CS

Cons: picky about ammo, small caliber, not pleasant to shoot, takes some getting used to, a pain to take down until you're used to it

I owned one for about an year, still loves it. I carry my XD9SC as my main, and LCP as the BUG. Carrying LCP only when going for a jog, or doing things that I can't carry my XD9SC.

- Great to carry in your pocket, and no one will ever notice.
    - Don't expect to shoot beyond 5 yards dead on with it. It's more of a back up gun, or for really close target. The sight is pretty much... not there, so a Crimson Trace is recommended (There's a $50 rebate now) if you would like to have a better aim. I don't own CT because I felt it's not quite necessary for me.
    - Unless you have small hand with tiger grip, else definitely get the pinky plate for the magazine just to be able to hold it better...
    - The recoil is pretty strong coz the gun is too small to hold tight, and too light to withstand the recoil.
    - Another friendly reminder - when load the magazine, slam the magazine in; when pull the slide, do it like pulling a slingshot. These will avoid feeding issue, or loading issue.
    Mossberg835, SA XD9Service, TaurusPT745SS, WaltherP22, SA XD9SC SS

(Cumberland County)

Great little cc gun. Small enough to pocket or I use a wallet type holster I got on eBay and carry in back pocket.

(Delaware County)

have one in my pocket right now....when my dress allows its my BUG in my pocket or ankle and XD9SC is my normal carry

(York County)

I would highly recommend you get one for exactly the reasons you stated.

Know that...It is not a range gun. It is not an easy gun to master because of the long heavy trigger pull and small grip. But it can be plenty accurate for the range which you would likely need this weapon.

As small and light as the LCP is, if you can carry a wallet you can carry it. I have many other guns, and still the LCP remains the lightest, smallest, capable caliber gun I have. I would not give mine up.

I added a CTC laser, and usually carry it in my rear pocket in a Uncle George wallet holster. A super little carry package IMO.
    Last edited by Beardog; April 25th, 2011 at 08:56 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast