Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default A few general questions

First off let me introduce myself, my name is Seth and im currently 19 years old, turning 20 this april and i live in Blair county, hollidaysburg PA. I have shot a few NFA registered weapons and have shot dozens of semi automatic carbines and pistols and fell in love after the first trigger pull. I have been searching and asking qustions of many people since i started but in my general area there is a lack of people intrested in "class 3" weapons and it seems hard to find facts, even using the internet seaches and this fourms searches.

I would love to purchase a class 3 weapon but i have yet to find a age restriction? Im assuming it is the same as a hand gun restriction with the age being 21. Also what are the "limitations" to being alloud to own one of these type of weapons. Unfortunatly i have a DUI which i got a while back and was placed on probation for 1 year. My mistake i know and i regret it but i hope this would not be a hinderance to me being alloud to own this caliber of firearm once i am off supervision. If someone could perhaps give me a link to a sort of NFA write up on the diffrent legistics that would be great.

Second is about dealers. I notice most of the buying and selling of these weapons goes on though private individuals or thats how it seems? Are there any local class 3 weapons dealers in my area i could go speak to and perhaps get more information from? Even if i have to drive a distance i would be intrested.

The third is sort of personal, but has anyone obtained a XM8? I fell inlove with this gun the first time i saw one.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: A few general questions

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    I have been searching and asking qustions of many people since i started but in my general area there is a lack of people intrested in "class 3" weapons and it seems hard to find facts, even using the internet seaches and this fourms searches.
    The best online forum for class 3 related discussion is http://www.subguns.com/

Additionally James Bardwell's NFA FAQ is a great source of information.

I would love to purchase a class 3 weapon but i have yet to find a age restriction? Im assuming it is the same as a hand gun restriction with the age being 21.
    I've actually never seen this either, but my assumption would be 21.

Also what are the "limitations" to being alloud to own one of these type of weapons. Unfortunatly i have a DUI which i got a while back and was placed on probation for 1 year.
    I would imagine that would be fine as other people have mentioned that DUI's are not disqulifications for regular guns unless you have multiples, but again don't quote me on that.

Second is about dealers. I notice most of the buying and selling of these weapons goes on though private individuals or thats how it seems? Are there any local class 3 weapons dealers in my area i could go speak to and perhaps get more information from? Even if i have to drive a distance i would be intrested.
    Most dealers will have significantly higher prices on machine-guns, your best bet is to scour the classifieds over at http://www.subguns.com/ or http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

The third is sort of personal, but has anyone obtained a XM8? I fell inlove with this gun the first time i saw one.
    As far as I know the XM8 is a dead weapons system after it lost the Army trials. Additionally even if it was released it would be a Post-86 Dealer Sample (meaning civilians would not be able to own them) unless they also made a semi-auto-only version.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking