Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock 19

Default Gen 4 Glock 19

Any body have one and have comments? Thinking of getting one for CCW and general "knock around" pistol.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Gen 4 Glock 19

Have a gen 3 G19 and am very happy with it. For me it has been reliable and is an excellent shooter. Feeds anything I give it.

(Monroe County)

If you could provide more information about what specific attributes you're looking for in a CC gun we could be more helpful. I've been CC'ing full size guns for 3 years and it's not an issue with a good holster/gun belt. I know other people who couldn't conceal a spoon if their lives depended on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: Gen 4 Glock 19

you can not go wrong with a glock, they are not particulary pretty but they always work. i have 8 does that help.

(Beaver County)

bought one last month and so far it fires everything I put thru it. Its light and small enough to carry concealed. It will work well for most.

(Allegheny County)

run run run run away from gen 4. Get a gen 3 19 and get the perfect carry gun.

(Carbon County)

plenty of better choices for cc in the summer. why would you dress around a gun? myself, i get the gun that works with what i am wearing. i will not by clothes 3 sizes to big just to hide a big gun. in the winter its fine for cc. but to wear normal size clothes in the summer good luck. anyone that tells you different must be hiding it in there ass. im not saying its a bad gun, its just not the best choice for summer carry. you have much smaller 9s and 380 that are just as reliable and can hide easily with out getting clothes that dont fit you. keltec, kahrs, ruger and naa just to name a few, i have a few summer carry guns..naa guardian....awesome pocket or iwb gun...very well built, and never fails to fire...i also have a small beretta 32 that never has a problem, and a sig 238...all great carry guns that hide easily. keltec in 380 or 9...small and easy to carry. the new ruger lc9..small and easy to carry. get the glock if you want a gun for the range and the winter. it will do you no good in the summer if you leave it home. these are my suggestions...then again, why would you not want to pick your own?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    run run run run away from gen 4. Get a gen 3 19 and get the perfect carry gun.
    ^^^THIS!!! Gen 3 > Gen 4 any day of the week.

Some background, I've CCW'ed for about 25 years. Mainly a Browning HP in the winter and SW 637 in the summer. Given the price and values of HP's these days, I really don't want to scratch it up. I am looking for a durable CCW pistol that I won't mind if it gets roughed up a bit.

(Allegheny County)

It's almost impossible to beat a gen3 19. Look at what students and instructors are using in advanced classes.

Personally, I have a gen4 19. It's a headache. I have played around with recoil springs and extractors. I think I may have finally found a solution... but why bother? Get a gen3 19, or a rtf2 if you are so inclined. They work very well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast