Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Lets help ViperGTS19801!

Ok, many of us over here on the western side of the state are aware of what is going on over in Philthy. And we already know there is a fund raiser thread.

What I am proposing, is that we stand up. Talk to friends, family, loved ones. Anyone that believes in their rights. And we can take up a collection. I have already written out a check, and just have not gotten a stamp to mail it yet. However, I can void that check, and write a larger check if anyone wants to contribute over here.

I am going to talk to my family today, and see if anyone wants to chip in a few dollars.

I know we have a handful of members over in this part, and I know we all want to do our part, and some of us may have. But, I figure we all know people, that do not frequent the board, and may be unaware of what is going on right now.

It is my intention that the monies to be gathered in this way, will go towards any legal fees that Marc has. Including, civil, criminal, and potentially federal. Also, the funds are for any use he sees fit, in the trying time he is going through at this state.

If the Mods would like this removed, or whatnot. That is fine. I just figure, if we can get a few more people aware of the situation, we might be able to get more for the cause.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Lets help ViperGTS19801!

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Ok, many of us over here on the western side of the state are aware of what is going on over in Philthy. And we already know there is a fund raiser thread.

What I am proposing, is that we stand up. Talk to friends, family, loved ones. Anyone that believes in their rights. And we can take up a collection. I have already written out a check, and just have not gotten a stamp to mail it yet. However, I can void that check, and write a larger check if anyone wants to contribute over here.

I am going to talk to my family today, and see if anyone wants to chip in a few dollars.

I know we have a handful of members over in this part, and I know we all want to do our part, and some of us may have. But, I figure we all know people, that do not frequent the board, and may be unaware of what is going on right now.

It is my intention that the monies to be gathered in this way, will go towards any legal fees that Marc has. Including, civil, criminal, and potentially federal. Also, the funds are for any use he sees fit, in the trying time he is going through at this state.

If the Mods would like this removed, or whatnot. That is fine. I just figure, if we can get a few more people aware of the situation, we might be able to get more for the cause.
    I sent you another IM about a schedule

(Venango County)

Havent been on can someone inform me of the problem?

(Bucks County)

How about a beef and beer? How about a raffle? How about a pro gun org. Being contracted and they sponsor a Fund raiser in marks name?

(Philadelphia County)

My friend and I just got into competition BBQ. Our team name is Philly Underhogs. Despite being new comers, we recently took the Grand Champion title in the recent 2011 Go Naked competition, beating many well-known teams. We also took 30th overall (out of 116 teams) at Pork in the Park, the 2nd largest KCBS event in the country. Currently, we rank 110 nationally out of 1243 teams (http://www.bbqbug.com/pickled-pigs-c...ist?category=2), not super impressive, but then again, we have only competed in 3 events.

Aaaanyway, long intro just to lead into the fact that we make good BBQ and are thinking of doing a BBQ fundraising with all proceed go to Mark. We need to first gauge interest, then we need a place that can provide space to accommodate everyone. We prefer somewhere closer to Philly, though can probably drive a little bit outside. If you guys can somehow work out the details, we will provide the rest.

Al

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    My friend and I just got into competition BBQ. Our team name is Philly Underhogs. Despite being new comers, we recently took the Grand Champion title in the recent 2011 Go Naked competition, beating many well-known teams. We also took 30th overall (out of 116 teams) at Pork in the Park, the 2nd largest KCBS event in the country. Currently, we rank 110 nationally out of 1243 teams (http://www.bbqbug.com/pickled-pigs-c...ist?category=2), not super impressive, but then again, we have only competed in 3 events.

Aaaanyway, long intro just to lead into the fact that we make good BBQ and are thinking of doing a BBQ fundraising with all proceed go to Mark. We need to first gauge interest, then we need a place that can provide space to accommodate everyone. We prefer somewhere closer to Philly, though can probably drive a little bit outside. If you guys can somehow work out the details, we will provide the rest.

Al

Depends where you hold said BBQ if you held it in Harrisburg or Pittsburgh area I would eat a ton of this award winning BBQ. I try and stay out of Philly at all costs. Then again if I had a bunch of my fellow PAFOA members maybe I could make an exception.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by allen16323 View Post
    Havent been on can someone inform me of the problem?
    Mark got arrested for OC. Recorded the encounter. PPD were a bunch of jerks. PPD came to arrest him at work later for related (bogus) charges. There is currently a fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    How about a beef and beer? How about a raffle? How about a pro gun org. Being contracted and they sponsor a Fund raiser in marks name?

I don't think there are enough of us in venango to get something that large going. Even if we have enough, I'm working 40+ hours a week, buying a house, and getting married. All within a month and a half.

I just figured this would be a way, we could get some funds together here, and just send the money all at once for him.

(Bucks County)

What about at one of the clubs? Could we rent a club for a day, or have them donate the day towards the fundraiser?

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    I sent you another IM about a schedule
    Still waiting

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Still waiting
    Sorry, had to read over papers for the house, and only barely got time to glance at a few of the higher traffic threads. Sent a reply last night though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast