Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My first time OC

I know... another "My first time OC'ing" thread, but I didn't want to jump on someone else's thread.

I figured with my inherent bad luck that the first time I'd ever OC I'd end up having SWAT called on me and I'd end up in a tiny hole in Gitmo... or something along those lines. LOL!

Anyway, my gal and I went to Target for some things and I decided that my 1911 needed some air, so it stayed out in the open on my hip. No cops, no people harassing me, nada. I think the only person who spotted it was an older gent, probably in his late 60s to early 70s.

I was kind of freaked out at the lack of trouble that didn't find its way to me.

So if anyone ever sees a lanky guy around State College with a stainless 1911 on his hip, feel free to say hi and maybe we could grab some coffee or food.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: My first time OC

Rep sent.

Good job and welcome to the OC club. Feels good doesn't it?

Keep up the good work.

Also, a store named "Target" is an excellent place for a first time OC!
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Rep sent.

Good job and welcome to the OC club. Feels good doesn't it?

Keep up the good work.

Also, a store named "Target" is an excellent place for a first time OC!
    Thanks, it does feel good.

Yeah, I thought of the Target reference and thought it was funny too.... after I submitted the post.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

(Columbia County)

So does the caffeine molecule in your avatar mean anything? I'm a grad student in the chemistry department at PSU and it would be nice to know I'm not the only chemist on here. Otherwise, congratulations on your first OC. I'm hoping to OC for the first time soon when I get the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool151 View Post
    So does the caffeine molecule in your avatar mean anything? I'm a grad student in the chemistry department at PSU and it would be nice to know I'm not the only chemist on here. Otherwise, congratulations on your first OC. I'm hoping to OC for the first time soon when I get the opportunity.
    LOL, the caffeine molecule is there because I'm a coffee junkie.

My BS and MS are in Physics and my PhD is in Engineering Science and Mechanics where I worked in the electrochemistry field on a hydrogen storage project for the DOE. I'm currently a postdoc in the Civil and Environmental Engineering department where I'm working on a bioelectrochemical hydrogen production project. I should be done here in a few months and I'm hoping to get a job at Oak Ridge National Lab on another hydrogen production/storage project.

(Clinton County)

Congrats on your first! Has OC at State College Target with no problems myself. I just tend to CC more often.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JTokash View Post
    I know... another "My first time OC'ing" thread, but I didn't want to jump on someone else's thread.

I figured with my inherent bad luck that the first time I'd ever OC I'd end up having SWAT called on me and I'd end up in a tiny hole in Gitmo... or something along those lines. LOL!

Anyway, my gal and I went to Target for some things and I decided that my 1911 needed some air, so it stayed out in the open on my hip. No cops, no people harassing me, nada. I think the only person who spotted it was an older gent, probably in his late 60s to early 70s.

I was kind of freaked out at the lack of trouble that didn't find its way to me.

So if anyone ever sees a lanky guy around State College with a stainless 1911 on his hip, feel free to say hi and maybe we could grab some coffee or food.
    I always go the impression that the Target up here wasn't very gun-friendly. Seems like it's just the one security guy- the thin one with the target badge.

If you see a shortish guy with a black SR9c on his hip, say hi. I can't offer coffee or anything, just know you're not alone.

(Bucks County)

LOL, the caffeine molecule is there because I'm a coffee junkie.

My BS and MS are in Physics and my PhD is in Engineering Science and Mechanics where I worked in the electrochemistry field on a hydrogen storage project for the DOE. I'm currently a postdoc in the Civil and Environmental Engineering department where I'm working on a bioelectrochemical hydrogen production project. I should be done here in a few months and I'm hoping to get a job at Oak Ridge National Lab on another hydrogen production/storage project.
    "What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

Congrats on swallowing the red pill...
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Franklin County)

Wow...so you're kind of like a "Big Bang Theory" meets "Magnum P.I."

I felt dumb after just reading what you studied.

Anyway, congrats on your first venture!
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    I always go the impression that the Target up here wasn't very gun-friendly. Seems like it's just the one security guy- the thin one with the target badge.

If you see a shortish guy with a black SR9c on his hip, say hi. I can't offer coffee or anything, just know you're not alone.
    Sounds good, I'll keep my eyes out for other OC'rs. I didn't see that security guy that visit, but I know who you mean since I've seen him before. Has he confronted you before about OC'ing in that store?

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    "What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

Congrats on swallowing the red pill...
    I got a good chuckle from both of those, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot4fun View Post
    Wow...so you're kind of like a "Big Bang Theory" meets "Magnum P.I."

I felt dumb after just reading what you studied.

Anyway, congrats on your first venture!
    Yeah, my gal calls me "Sheldon" at times, but sadly I don't have a Ferrari 308.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast