Hi All,

I have already posted some information about my late father, Walter Glodzik, who had a gunshop in Reading, PA ( Southern Gun Shop ). I know of at least 2 individuals who own rifles that he handcrafted, and they seem to think alot of his craftsmanship.

Asking ( or bothering! ) my mom with questions all the time about the gun business, and his early life in general. She is 82 now and has just a bit of trouble recollecting certain things. But still she has given me a lot of answers to my questions.

I would love to hear from any of his former customers, acquaintances, or just anyone who knew him, so I can hopefully put together an accurate little biography. His life was very full, and I am finding out new things all the time. For instance, he was among one of the first Navy Seabees, serving his country in WWII from 1943 to 1946 ( CBMU 542, 104th NCB ).

If you could help me out with any information, I would appreciate it so much! I have many more questions about his life in general. He was both complex and unique, and also could be quite a character! ( loved to tease and joke around ) He was born in 1922 in Reading, and passed away in December of 1998. He was a 1941 graduate of Reading High School.

I look forward to any responses...and my thanks in advance! Wishing happy & safe holidays to everyone!

Sincerely,
Cathy Glodzik
Reading, PA
cglodzik@yahoo.com