Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Reach out and ...

I am becoming more interested in long range shooting. I started looking in mid-range rifles because there is no way I can afford an Accuracy International rifle. I am seriously considering a Savage 10FP. A friend has one and really loves it. I have a Rem. 700 but in a hunting configuration. I am also considering an AR based platform.
    I guess I'm just looking for some ideas what other people have and even some pic's.
    Also, is Hart barrels still located in Nescopeck (outside Berwick)? Is it possible to go to their shop?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bric2000
    I am becoming more interested in long range shooting. I started looking in mid-range rifles because there is no way I can afford an Accuracy International rifle. I am seriously considering a Savage 10FP. A friend has one and really loves it. I have a Rem. 700 but in a hunting configuration. I am also considering an AR based platform.
    I guess I'm just looking for some ideas what other people have and even some pic's.
    Also, is Hart barrels still located in Nescopeck (outside Berwick)? Is it possible to go to their shop?
    I bought my Rem 700 PSS just for that, but I need some nice optics for it. I've also only taken it to a 100 yard range once but man that was so much fun.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

bric2000

Cant address first part of your question buy yes is the answer to 2nd part regarding Hart location. Just recently recd their current supply catalog.

A friend has visited them at the shop and I feel certain one is welcome to do so. Their telephone is 800 368 3656

Marty

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by martyc
    bric2000

Cant address first part of your question buy yes is the answer to 2nd part regarding Hart location. Just recently recd their current supply catalog.

A friend has visited them at the shop and I feel certain one is welcome to do so. Their telephone is 800 368 3656

Marty
    That is awesome! Thanks for the number!

(Chester County)

If you want to shoot up to 600 yards an AR 15 platform will be fine. The 223 is a real nice round. It has it's draw backs but also it's advantages. The biggest draw back is power and how wind affects it. The up side is that it is cheap and a very large selection of bullet weights. Rock River makes an awesome gun and you can get a varmint set up in 16,18,20 and 24 inch BBL. I have a 24 inch BBL. I shoot 500 meters with 69,75,77 grain ammo. great plinking and accurate. If you dont want such a long BBL. The 20 and 18 will fit the bill. If a varmint rifle is not what you want get a 20 inch with a free float tube and she will rock as well.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=82674235

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=82674235

(Bucks County)

You could always go balls to the wall and get a Barrett M82

Its effective out to 1000 meters for man sized targets and 1500 meters for vehicle.
    http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

(Mercer County)

I read somewhere(snipercountrypx?) that the Savage rifles were the most accurate out of the box. I know that's not something the Remy 700 guys will agree with but if I was gonna build a "varmint" rifle then the Savage is the way I'd go. I like the Model 10FP-LE2B with the McMillan stock. Brad
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

(Luzerne County)

Hart is indeed a walk-in kind of place. I'm about 15 minute away. Guess I should really do more custom bolt and benchrest guns
    I'm working on a heavy 300wthby Mag bench gun on a rem action. Heck, I dont even have any ammo or dies for this caliber yet but got a bug to have a bigger bench gun... I have others, but usually shoot the 700PSS

The 700's are pretty darn accurate out of the box. They can be tightened a bit by truing the action, etc. Not a real expensive proposition and do-able yourself if you have access to a lathe.
    Looks like I'm going to have a savage 10fp for sale next week for a customer.
    I'll post it up in the classified section.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Might want to take a look at the FN SPR rifles. My SPR A3G came with a factory log book and test targets showing an average group size of .15" @ 100 yards with Federal GMM 168 gr. Largest test target was .25". I've been averaging .25" groups at 100 yards, shooting off the bipod. I'm looking forward to getting up to W&W to try shots out to 500 yards. I'm using the Leupold LR/T 6.5-20x50. Don't forget that glass is going to cost you more than a basic Savage rifle

(Mercer County)

That thing looks sweet!
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast