Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Man Corners Robbery Suspects

http://www.wnep.com/news/countybycou...,2106263.story
    Quick thinking by a store owner's son led to two arrests following a strong-armed robbery at a grocery store in Wayne County.
    The incident happened Friday afternoon at Boruta's Store in Lehigh Township. The place in Gouldsboro has been around for decades.
    The owner tells Newswatch 16 it was an ordinary afternoon when, suddenly, in walked a man wearing a mask.

"He was real fast," said Antoinette Boruta. "He went over the counter. I said, 'Wait!' and he quick grabbed one of the lottery boxes with the lottery money in it, and I tried to grab him, which I shouldn't have, and he was so fast and he went out the door."
    Police say the man knocked Antoinette Boruta down before running out and jumping into a getaway car.
    Boruta was shocked, but managed to run outside and yell to her son, Dave.

"I ran up the bank," said Dave Boruta, "saw him speeding away and then I drove out the parking lot in my vehicle and caught him over on 2nd Street, pinned him against the bank and just held him until the state police arrived."
    Dave Boruta says he carries a concealed weapon, which he pulled, telling the robber and the driver of the car to stay put.

"We really are shocked that it happened. I mean, we've been in the grocery store business since 1982 and, other than two small incidents with some kids, we've never had any trouble," said Dave.
    Antoinette Boruta added, "Everybody's always so nice, you know? You meet so many nice people, you really do, a lot of nice people, so it's a shocker."
    State police confirm they did arrest two people. The names of the suspects have not been released.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Man Corners Robbery Suspects

Yea, I just saw this a couple hours ago on the wnep app for my phone. Damn near fell out of the chair when I read he had held them at gunpoint. But I guarantee the news wont make a big deal of it. They will blow it off like nothing happened or that a guy with a gun did something good for a change. But look out if a dog gets hit by a drunk guy driving lol, they will have "team" coverage and follow the case a year from now when the guy shows up in court lol. Either way kudos to the man with the concealed weapon!

(Wayne County)

I pulled in to the drivethrough for the Penn Security bank there on 2nd Ave. just after this happened. Biggest turnout by LE that I've ever seen in the area. There were at least 4 state cruisers, a tow truck, a couple of the VFD vehicles plus Dave's truck and the perps' vehicle. Looked like Alice's Restuarant!

I know Dave loosely from around town. We routinely buy milk/bread/ice cream in his shop. It's a nice little place and part of what makes Gouldsboro the nice place that it is to live. I'm glad Dave got the upper hand on these punks and hope that his actions somehow don't get turned around on him as I believe that he reacted appropriately.

I'll have to stop by to shake his hand. He's a nice guy (the whole family is nice.) Former Twp. supervisor.

Oh yeah, and he's a DEMOCRAT!!!!! (Just goes to show that even some Democrats get the 2A thing. LOL!!!)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Here's the Scranton Times' take on the situation.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/vigilant...#axzz1KaW7Xdu9

Vigilant son foils Gouldsboro heist

GOULDSBORO - Two men are facing charges for robbing a convenience store in Wayne County on Friday, a failed heist that ended with the owner's son collaring the pair, state police said.

Police said Jason Pipcynski, 22, of Gouldsboro, hit the 75-year-old owner of Boruta's Market in Gouldsboro, Antionette Boruta, pushed her into a chair and stole a lottery box containing $293.

After Mr. Pipcynski fled the store in a vehicle driven by Michael Serino, 26 of Moscow, Ms. Boruta's son, whose name was not revealed by troopers, chased them in his truck and held them until off-duty Lehigh Twp. Police Chief Kevin Froese came to the scene, state police said.

State police charged Mr. Pipcynski and Mr. Serino with robbery, theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property. Both were placed in Wayne County Prison after their arraignments before Magisterial District Judge Ted Mikulak
    ETA: Upon further reflection, I guess the Scranton Times couldn't bring themselves to admit that a gun was used lawfully to stop a crime. Instead they were just "held." The lawful use of "arms" is a bad thing but, apparently it's OK to use your hands.
    Last edited by Sandcut; April 25th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I'll have to stop by to shake his hand. He's a nice guy (the whole family is nice.) Former Twp. supervisor.
    I would shake his hand also if I knew him. I'm glad that he was able to do what he did.
    Oh yeah, and he's a DEMOCRAT!!!!!
    Oh, well. Nobody's perfect.

Here's the Scranton Times' take on the situation.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/vigilant...#axzz1KaW7Xdu9

ETA: Upon further reflection, I guess the Scranton Times couldn't bring themselves to admit that a gun was used lawfully to stop a crime. Instead they were just "held." The lawful use of "arms" is a bad thing but, apparently it's OK to use your hands.
    The Scranton Times is a joke. They are rabidly anti-gun in an area that has a majority of people supporting the 2A. Too bad that there is no alternative newspaper in the Scranton area. I wish the Times-Leader make a Scranton edition.