Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Parksburg Walmart Thursday Night

Real brief, non-negative OC non-encounter. Figure with everything else going on, some positivity is in order.

Alright, so last night, after some destruction of paper at a local range, HSR47 and myself went into the Parksburg Wal-Mart at 10 and 30 for Rem-oil, Hoppes, and some other stuff I needed.

Walking into the store, I stopped and stared at a guy OC'ing. Black shirt, black pants, black gun... and a cute female companion, too (). I couldn't decide immediately if I should talk to him or not, and by the time I decided to go introduce myself, I lost sight of him.

To the OC guy - if I creeped you out - I'm sorry. Thank you for having the courage to exercise your right in such a way. I had mine too... just concealed. Oh, and HSR47 didn't notice it at all. Way to be observant there, brother.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Parksburg Walmart Thursday Night

Now that's halarious!!! Here's this story from my point of view...

I was walking through the local wal-mart with my wife Thursday night. My wife stops me and asks "Did you see that guy staring at us? He literally stopped dead in his tracks and stared at us. He's creeping me out!" I asked her to point you out, but she was having nothing else to do with you! I was just laughing at her...obviously, you saw us, we're not the average couple. And me being me, people always stare at me so I don't think much of it. Anyway, we went to the Home Depot across the street and on the way out an employee stopped us and asked "what are you packing?". I had a brief conversation with him and we headed for home.

So thanks for the laugh...I was rolling when I saw this post. Next time, c'mon up and say hello. I just moved here a few months back and could use someone to show me the way to the local range!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Now that's halarious!!! Here's this story from my point of view...

I was walking through the local wal-mart with my wife Thursday night. My wife stops me and asks "Did you see that guy staring at us? He literally stopped dead in his tracks and stared at us. He's creeping me out!" I asked her to point you out, but she was having nothing else to do with you! I was just laughing at her...obviously, you saw us, we're not the average couple. And me being me, people always stare at me so I don't think much of it. Anyway, we went to the Home Depot across the street and on the way out an employee stopped us and asked "what are you packing?". I had a brief conversation with him and we headed for home.

So thanks for the laugh...I was rolling when I saw this post. Next time, c'mon up and say hello. I just moved here a few months back and could use someone to show me the way to the local range!
    wow. Thats great they your both members!
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Parksburg Walmart Thursday Night

Do you REALLY buy that useless Rem-Oil shit?

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=215765
    Last edited by Yentl Marmelstein; April 23rd, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

thats some funny shit! And yes I think every OC'er in the state belongs to this site lol, oh and I prefer rem-oil also!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    thats some funny shit! And yes I think every OC'er in the state belongs to this site lol, oh and I prefer rem-oil also!
    hmm... i use CLP
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Chester County)

LoCo,

Yeah... My bad! As I said - I was trying to process what to do - never had an OC encounter like that before.

And the glorious part of Western Chester County is there were more than the three of us with guns in that store

I use RemOil in the can for the barrel - I have oil for the rails. Haven't had any problems with it so far.

(Chester County)

I thought it might have been me for a second there. But my wife and I were there Wednesday evening. I OC in that Walmart and Home Depot regularly. Never had a comment of any kind at either one. I did get in an interesting discussion in the Avondale Lowes down at 41 and 1 with a gentleman from Delaware who asked me about our carry laws here when he noticed my XD.

ETA: To LoCo, what area did you move to? There are several ranges around here. There is a nice one in Atglen off 372 with a membership waiting list a few decades long. They have a 5 stand course which they call sporting clays, open to the public on Thursday evenings. I used to shoot that quite a bit.

There is another range on 926 near Newark Road, the SCCSPA, I went there a few times with my dad years ago, but don't remember much about it except they have a pond. There is a range that has skeet shoots in Oxford, never been there either.

There is also the Paradise Sportsman's Association on Belmont Road just north of 896. They have trap shoots open to the public on Monday and Thursday evenings. Thursday is a chicken shoot. I shoot on private property with a friend mostly, where we can get out to about 400 yards, so I don't use a range except for shotgun sports, which are more of a social activity then benchrest shooting or just tinkering with old guns, which I do a lot.

If you do any clay sports we might meet up sometime at one of those ranges. Welcome to the area!
    Last edited by PCAviator; April 23rd, 2011 at 09:43 AM.

(Chester County)

Damn all these OCers in my area and I've yet to run into another one except the guy that runs Grabbers at dutch-way for breakfast lol

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Unfortunately they don't. I had to dispell some PA urban legend & firearms mythology last night. These few people knew OC was legal, determined it's not often worth the risk because the cops almost always arrest you for it, and you can transport a loaded handgun in your vehicle, as long as it's on the front seat or center console, without a LTCF, then holster up and continue to OC once at your destination.

Major corrections were in order and delivered in full... I find it funny how alot of people become offended when you correct them, even when you're not being a dick about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast