Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Berretta or CZ 75?

So after seeing a picture of a CZ 75 in stainless on another thread, I instantly fell in love. I went looking for the CZ in the high polished stainless and can't seem to find one available at the moment. I did find one in the matte stainless. I also like the Beretta 92 Inox in stainless and found one for sale.

Anyone own one or both of the guns? BTW the prices are within $50.00 of each other. Anyone have an opinion of which would be the better purchase based on quality or reliability?

Default Re: Berretta or CZ 75?

Quote Originally Posted by JB70 View Post
    So after seeing a picture of a CZ 75 in stainless on another thread, I instantly fell in love. I went looking for the CZ in the high polished stainless and can't seem to find one available at the moment. I did find one in the matte stainless. I also like the Beretta 92 Inox in stainless and found one for sale.

Anyone own one or both of the guns? BTW the prices are within $50.00 of each other. Anyone have an opinion of which would be the better purchase based on quality or reliability?
    Both gun company's manufacture quality weapons. I think both would be a win win with whatever pistol you select from them.

I own samples from both companies.

Good luck on finding the one that fits you best!

(Allegheny County)

i have a beretta but not in stainless. i dont have a cz but i do have an italian copy and ive played with a real cz. i prefer the cz for the way that it fits me.

(Centre County)

I have had 92FS INOX, 92F, and 75B polished SS, and 75 SP-01 Tactical.

All beretta has since been sold off. and kept both of my CZ's.
    And when I come across the CZ75 compact, im getting it too.

CZ's are accurate(and I mean I can shoot same hole at 7yd accurate), MUCH more ergonomicly well designed, parts are readly available, night sights are easy to install(try that with Beretta 92FS!).
    CZ75B's are all steel guns were as Beretta is Steel/aluminum.

I'd gradly take any of my CZ's to any zombi appocalypse over Beretta anyday of the week.

One advice - Unless your willing to constantly wipe down the gun, stick with brushed SS, rather then Polished SS.
    Polished SS is basicaly a mirror finish, and it look more like a Pimp's gun. and it gets dirty quick...
    Oh and trigger on CZ smooth out ALOT within few hundread rounds. But if you still want to work on the trigger, stay away from 75B's in decocker model. They make great upgrade Competition Hammer for it. But currently only available for safety lever model, and not for the decocker model.
    I was told that with it, and 15lbs main spring makes these trigger basicaly a competition ready

Only thing I could think of that Beretta have on CZ is that mags are cheap/plently, and choice of holster is much broader then that of CZ's(still waiting for BlackHawk to make a serpa for my CZ's)
    Last edited by Mity2; April 21st, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

I would say Beretta because they have a very good track record and their guns have a large following. I have shot a couple and the ergos of their guns definitely has the shooter in mind. I dont own one but the buying fever has swept over me recently so Im looking into one as well.

Plus with the Beretta your options for customization are nearly limitless with the 92 Inox. Also parts are not hard to come by either if you so happenly ever need them.

I will post a couple pics and a link to some sweet Berettas i found on the web once i leave the office in a couple minutes.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by beast1989 View Post
    I have shot a couple and the ergos of their guns definitely has the shooter in mind.
    Yep, if the shooter has a hands of a Giganto!

Probrem with beretta is that the their grip is simply too wide for most people to take a "proper" grip of the weapon(Incidently, I ran in to a same with with my old P226Combat), specialy when your shooting it from DA mode.
    Beretta's decocker lever is almost impossible to reach for most people without break your shooting grip, and you don't have to with CZ.

With CZ, their grip is nowhere near as wide as Beretta is(and thinner grips are available).
    CZ is 16+1, Berreta is 15+1.
    Installing a night sight on Beretta is a small surgery(drill out the front sight to install vial of tritium, and requires special sight pusher to push the rear out, due to location of decocker lever))

Beretta's open top slide, while pretty to look at, its not as strong as conventional style of CZ's.

Beretta is a great gun. But when I owned both of then at the same time, I find it that CZ is just better weapon to me then Beretta is...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Yep, if the shooter has a hands of a Giganto!
    Haha yea i am a big guy so it fits my hands well.

(Carbon County)

i have both, both excellent guns. i like the feel of the CZ better, but you cant go wrong with either

Here are some Beretta pics:

Heres the thread

beautiful pistols
    Last edited by beast1989; April 21st, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the pics all are very nice guns!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast