Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wht do you load for FMJ pistol?-brand

I have used Berry's for previous loads in several calibers, I am looking for .40 right now. I use Roger's better bullets in .45 but my .40 is a Glock and I would like to keep with the FMJ thing. I am thinking about Precision Delta, anyone use them before?
    What other brands have you guys used and liked?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: wht do you load for FMJ pistol?-brand

I haven't been impressed with berrry's.
    I use Rodger's for all my lead.

For plated I've been very happy with Rainier's & Frontier.
    For jacketed, Zero... but they seem to be impossible to get.

PD is always reviewed well, but I have never used them.

(Berks County)

I have heard good things about Better Bullets. I might pick up a couple hundred and see how they shoot. King's Shooters in KOP sells them at a reasonable price. I am interested on what replies you get here. I am thinking about switching to something new. Currently I use Berry's. I mostly shoot indoors so I don't need a particularly great bullet.. just cheap plinking ammo. My carry is full of CorBon, hard to improve upon that IMHO.

(Bucks County)

Montana Gold, Zeros, Precision Deltas are good. Zeros can be found here: http://czcustom.com/Zero-Bullets.aspx

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    I have heard good things about Better Bullets. I might pick up a couple hundred and see how they shoot. King's Shooters in KOP sells them at a reasonable price. I am interested on what replies you get here. I am thinking about switching to something new. Currently I use Berry's. I mostly shoot indoors so I don't need a particularly great bullet.. just cheap plinking ammo. My carry is full of CorBon, hard to improve upon that IMHO.
    That's who Makes them. King's is their retail store.

I picked up some Zero brand .38/357 bullets at Kings Shooter Supply (Better Bullets) earlier this week. I can't recall if they had 40cal in stock, but their supply was decent. I would give them a call. I only have experience with Zero's and Winchester and the Zero bullet looks to be better quality.

(Montgomery County)

Why not shoot the Better bullet out of your Glock? They use a harder lead compound, so the bullets are much harder than just straight lead bullets.. I've switched from using their plated/fmj bullets to the lead on my Glock 45.. I only have a few hundred rounds through it, and no sighs of leading or issues.

I only decided to give it a try after talking with a few other glock owners that are using their lead bullets with no issues. And they are almost half the price of the jacketed/plated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Why not shoot the Better bullet out of your Glock? They use a harder lead compound, so the bullets are much harder than just straight lead bullets.. I've switched from using their plated/fmj bullets to the lead on my Glock 45.. I only have a few hundred rounds through it, and no sighs of leading or issues.

I only decided to give it a try after talking with a few other glock owners that are using their lead bullets with no issues. And they are almost half the price of the jacketed/plated stuff.
    That's interesting. Good to know I'll check into it. Thanks rep inbound.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post

I picked up a thousand 230gr RN and a thousand 200gr RN in 45 at the last show from King's. So far very little lead build compared to meiser (spelling?) I was using. Even when shooting thru a carbine, little to no leading. So very happy with them. Speaking of its time to go get some more.

Yea, I shoot Roger's lead out of my 1911-200gr SWC. I'm interested in hearing about some FMJ's like precision delta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast