Short story, I bought a new S&W M&P9 Pro Series in January. It is a 4.25" Very nice shooting gun with a decent trigger. About two months ago I noticed my front night sight stopped glowing. After a short email, S&W sent me a shipping label to send it in. I packeged it up and sent it out right away. I had the gun back in two and a half weeks with a new front night sight on. Took it to the range two weeks ago and came home to clean it and noticed the front night sight is not glowing again. Called customer service this time and explained to them the issue again and asked if they see this often. The customer rep said no and they should last 5 to 7 years and maybe it is dumb luck that I got two bad sights. I oppted to have a new night sight to me since I do have a sight pusher and would rather not wait another couple of weeks to have it back. I am imperesed with the customer support from S&W they are friendly and have even sent me detents for my Walther free of charge. New front siight is on it way. If this one fails I am going with Novak night sights after I call S&W and let them know this was the 3rd front sight.